Boat cleaning

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by bud1110, May 8, 2009.

1. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Several Months ago I saw some post about using toilet cleaners on the outside of a boat. It was supposed to remove all the water stains and slime.

I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of the toilet cleaner was. If anyone knows what post I'm referring to please post the link here.
    If not, what are your suggestions on cleaning the outside, and maybe the inside of my boat?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have a fiberglass boat which has had that Oklahoma Chocolate water mark on it for a few years. LOL. Read Bud's post and got to thinking as to what would possibly clean that crud. Walked up to it with a bottle of BAM in my hand, squirted the thing, waited about two minutes and hit it with an old rag. Clean, by gosh, it probably wasn't that clean when it came from the manufacturers. LOL

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
  4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    OK,

Tried the Lysol toilet bowl cleaner on the Jon Boat. Two things happened in this order:

1.water stains and slime came right off

2. so did the paint...

Advice to everyone that wants to use this product to clean their Boat:

Dilute this down at least by half and don't leave on boat but seconds before rinsing off.

This stuff would make a great paint remover for sure...lol

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    One thing I have used to remove stains is Coleman fuel on a wrag, WD-40 also does a decent job and neither have hurt the paint. Chris