boat capacity

Discussion in 'Boat Safety' started by Rockin' Blues, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    I was wondering if anyone has been checked for too much weight in there boat?If so how'd they weigh you,and if your boat doesn't have a weight and capacity tag on it how do you know what the capacity is?Thanks

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i have never been checked for weight but i am usualy fishing by myself. an as far as finding out your boats info i would call or go to your boat manufactures web site an find out. i though well here in ky anyways a boat had to have weight limit an motor capasity tags on it befor you can license it.

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I've fished and boated for many a years and have never been checked for being over weight. been checked for evderthing else under the sun but never any question for weight capacity. I know that some of the smaller jon boats on the water have a rather light weight cap. heck by the time you get two guys in there and fishing gear I know some of those jons are over weight. Not a good situation any boat can be unpredictable when overloaded. there is usally a weight and person capacity placcard on the transom, If its missing I would definatly contact the manifacturer (if Known) if not perhalps look for a boat that is similar to yours, to get a rough idea, If you have to resort to this I would be very careful with the weight.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    While we on the subject of weight, I was wondering why the bass boats (most fiber glass )have a tag attached to the boat stating the max people that can put in the boat, but aluminum of the same lengths do not have such a tag. Mine say on 3 people or 500 pounds. Again aluminum boat same length, I have seen as many 5 people in the boat. How can this be? :confused:

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I recently had a questiom similar to this, some people had good responses. I will try & find the thread.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio