Boat cabin/enclosure

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by duckalot, Jan 24, 2010.

1. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm getting closer to having my frame work fabricated. I'm going to cover it with translucent fiber sheeting. (same stuff thats in the roof of semi trailers) Hope to have it fishable by next weekend.
    I am looking for a pair of sliding windows,like the ones used in the sides of most fiberglass camper shells.
    If someone has an old camper within reasonable driving distance let me know.
    Thanks,
    DA

Attached Files:

2. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Looking good Rob, Be sure and post the finished product.

3. mocatfishking22250

mocatfishking22250 New Member

State:
    chillicothe mo
    rob try midwest supply in chillicothe they get in alot of the thin windows for rv's and camper shells have got them there befor for my shooting houses

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the USCA Brent. Good to see another Mo. member. You fish the Grand up that way any?

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
  6. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Its looking good. I will check about the windows and let you know. I need to get busy on mine. I might just have to tag along with you and Scotty.:curl-lip:

7. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Ozman,
    Your welcome in my boat anytime!!
    Rob

8. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Brent
    I sent you a pm

9. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    woooo hooooo looks like awsome frame work to me rob way to go !!!!!!

if im not going fishing next weekend and your gonna work on it let me know i will drive over and give ya a hand

great job brother !!!!!

10. mocatfishking22250

mocatfishking22250 New Member

State:
    chillicothe mo
    j.c i do fish the grand when i can hard to get up and down it most of the time its not easy pushing a 20 foot boat off the sand bars got hung up for a couple hours one day no fun at all i try and stay on lakes and mo river

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Chris i have and old camper you can have. It has sliders and removable screens. I'm fixin to trash the thing out anyway. No idea what it would cost to ship them?

12. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks John, I have a couple friends checking around close to home for me.
    Weather providing I am going to Bentonville Ar. to see me Sister on 2-12-10 and I think thats getting pretty close to your place. If I'm still looking by then maybe we can work something out.
    Thanks again,
    Rob

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Let me know and i'll have them ready. Bentonville is just a few minutes away.

14. That is a great job on the frame work and looks sweet!

What is the made out of and what are those fittings?? That really looks like something I would like to do for winter fishing!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  15. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the nice commits. It made from 3/4 and 1/2 EMT (electrical conduit) No fittings involved all the gussets and angles were cut with a chop saw a MIG welded together. (Witch by the way has a galvanized coating that puts off toxic fumes when welded, fairly easy to work with just make sure your in a ventilated area when welding.) Mine is kind of a work in progress right now. I was hoping to have it finished by the weekend,but doesn't look like thats going to work out. Catfishscotty and I have already discussed wrapping a tarp around it and going fishing. LOL
    Its hard to stay focused on finishing it when you know you could be fishing!!!! :wilt:
    I will post more pics as progress continues.

16. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

hee hee dont make me hold your fishin rods hostage or hide your boat keys !!! lmao

I hear ya rob ive been talking about doing mine the last 2 years lol o well mine will be done in another week or so and yours will be also and be worth it !!!!

well unless ya want to go fishin this week end im game hee hee ????? lol

1 thing about it will be awsome when ya get it built !!!! your doing a he;; of a good looking job and will enjoy it for years and years to come buddy !!!!

congrats

now should i get us bait friday night or saturday morning ???? ha ha ha he eheheheeee lol shhhhhh

17. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Well it will soon be warm enough at night I wont need it,but I'm finally nearing completion. Big hold up was the windows in the front. I ended up using Lexan, suppose to a lot tougher the regular Plexiglass but its expensive. Not enough room in the shop to get pics but here are a couple. I will know after this weekend how I'm going to like it. Any and all commits are welcome, good or bad. I can take it. LOL
    Thanks for looking,
    Rob

Attached Files:

Netmanjack and Jeremy Sheffey like this.
  18. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Looks like you are ready for any kind of weather now. Is the back inclosed? Looks like a professonal job to me. :Happy:

19. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Ozman, the back is open. I have a clear curtain to go across the back in case of blowing rain or xstream weather conditions.

20. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks great! Looks like a professional did it! No weather is going to stop you now.