boat brands

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by adam1886, Jan 27, 2010.

1. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    im looking at different brands of boats right now and trying to think of different brands to look at. so far ive looked at seaark,lowe,crestliner,g3,alumacraft,lund and a couple others i cant think of right now. are there any others out there that i should look at that would make boats that would be good cat boats?

2. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Alweld has some good designs. I thank they will build them like you want.

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I lucked out on my boat, never even considered the deadrise before I bought it. Mine has a 10 degree deadrise, compared to most others that have a 3 degree deadrise. I think most of the newer SeaArk boats have a 15 degree which is even better. I rode in a few boats with the 3 degree after I bought mine and now see the difference. With a good chop on the water, I can run 40mph or so and its not that bad of a ride compared to the 3 degree which is a whole lot rougher because the hull is basically slapping the water surface. My boat is here in Oak Grove if you ever want to take a look or go for a ride we can put it in a lake somewhere. Make sure you don't get a boat with alot of crap that takes up floor space. I would be looking for a big livewell and a short rear deck so you can fish off the back without alot of issues. Chris

4. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    There is a company called Wareagle that makes some pretty tuff boats.

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    To me, the only boat name there is, Seaark. I would get the boat that is completely open. It dont take long to fill one up. Mine is a 24ft. er and I sometimes wonder where all that stuff came from. If it is open you can rig it the way you want.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have to agree 100%, good way to go !!! Mine is 24 ft. also & wish it was 28 LOL :laugh:

7. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    one of these weekends when i'll have to take you up on that offer chris and we'll go do some fishing.if i had the money id custom build a boat with all the storage up front and absolutely nothing in back. ive found a couple pretty close to that but it seems like most of them are built with a bigger back deck

8. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    My vote would be Hewescraft, see my profile. It is a different style boat than Alweld, SeaArk, WarEagle, etc...

But, if I had to choose on a deck boat style:
    1. Alweld or SeaArk (both very close) I had a SeaArk (1860) years ago, and told myself I'd get a Alweld the next time after seeing one an IL guy owned. Those Alweld's are nice too. But, I had absolutely no complaints about my SeaArk!

Boat styles like mine:
    1. Wooldridge ($$$$)
    2. Hewescraft, Thunderjet, NorthRiver
    3. Northwest Jet Boats, Smoker Craft

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  9. ShowmeWhiskers

ShowmeWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We've got a center console SeaArk and its a mean river ready machine. Tough enough to tackle the Lake of Ozarks in the middle of summer. tons of room and easy to modify. Gonna cost ya tho, at least this one did

10. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    i looked at hewescraft and really like the design except they dont hardly have a deck on the front.thanks for all the tips guys

11. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Adam,

Just a note, pictures can be deciving. The front deck on a Hewescraft style boat is great, with very good storage. A lot depends on what you want the front deck for? I think you'd be hard pressed to beat the front deck on a Hewescraft versus a SeaArk style boat! Just my opinion - and others! :winky:

My boat is stored in St. Charles if you're interested in looking at it, let me know.

If you could get SeaArk to push their console as forward as possible, then you're in business!

Whatever you choose, good luck.

12. Waterbug

Waterbug New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I purchased a new boat just over a year ago after doing a ton of research. I went with a small family owned company in Benton, AR: Weld-Craft. They produce many models of aluminum boats and are even willing to let you pick a model and redesign it to fit your particular needs. That's just one of the reasons that went with them; not many manufacturers will produce a "one off" boat for customers.

Check them out: http://weld-craft.com/index.html

13. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    A local Alweld dealer custom built a 2870 Alweld for a guy and slapped a 300 Mercury XS on the back. Here's a picture of it. If you want more pics just look up Troutt and Sons websites, then goto Photo's, and search 2870. It's one big boat!

Here's a pic of them standing in front of it.
    [​IMG]

14. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As far as I am concerned Seark is the only way to go anymore. I personally don't have one at the moment, but will here in a couple of years. Once I get my truck and the wifes truck payed off. I am ordering a 2072 V-pro with a 150 optimax on the back of her. A buddy of mine ordered one from seark at the end of last year and it is perfect for the way I fish ( out the back). I don't think 2 years can pass soon enough.

15. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    SEAARK ALL THE WAY ADAM.

16. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    so far SeaArk and g3 have the layouts i like the best. one of these days id like to head to lebanon and check out the seaark dealer there and see how much it would cost to build one. i dont think i can afford it but it sure would be nice lol

17. mocatman

mocatman Guest

I just bought a used 2004 18' crestliner with the wide bottom last summer and i have nothing but good experiences with it. Plenty off room for other equipment and very durable. I was a little leary about buying a used boat , The guy who owned it prior to me was a stump beater at mark twain every weekend. It has a few scars on it but it has held up well considering where its been fished the most. Look into em if you get a chance, You can find a good affordable deal on them every now and then.

18. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mocatman, what model did you get? Mine is a 2008 CXJ 1870 and I absolutely love it! Chris

19. mocatman

mocatman Guest

Chris, Its a 2004 1860 vps, Got a 60 Hp mercury on it. Good to see another crestliner guy out there, Dont see a whole lot of them out and about. You got a picture of yours?

20. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Adam,

Everyone has mentioned some great boats. I have a Tracker that I like pretty well but its not built as heavy as the other boats that have been discussed. Its all what you want to do and want to spend. I like the Tracker, Lowe,G3 kind of boats myself. They are not heavy and cost less as a rule. My father has a litte G3 that he fishes and duck shoots out of. He has after ten years cracked a couple of spots but G3 has covered it under warranty. We use them hard in tough spots that you need a light boat. Dont forget, what you fish out of has nothing to do with how many you catch as a rule. Just get one that holds the water out and go make some memories.