boat?/bank fishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by elvis64505, Sep 2, 2009.

1. elvis64505

elvis64505 New Member

State:
    st joseph
    Well i have been with out my boat now for about 3 months:angry:
    so i have had to go back to bank fishing and im lost:confused2:
    i have been trying all new things &differn't spots on the river and haveing fun doing it but now i can't even pay for a good bite just my luck
    it is such a differn't world !!!!

there's is nothing like get out on the crack of dawn and hideing to one of your good spot's up river or down? and watching the sun rise
    i think thats what i miss the most i guess once you have done that its hard to go back to just the bank !! but i use to catch alot of fish from the bank

but i can't seem to getter done now???

2. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Know the feeling. Not too crazy about hitting the river by myself anymore and it's getting harder to find fishing buddies so I sometimes hit the bank and it's just not the same as fishing your favorite holes or running 10-20 miles and trying new water. Getting away from the "forked sticks" makes all the difference in the world. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

3. elvis64505

elvis64505 New Member

State:
    st joseph
    well todd told me he thought about going on the river sometime saturday and doing some camping ? maybe we can all get to gether do some fishing
    or bs"en LOL:roll_eyes:

4. elvis64505

elvis64505 New Member

State:
    st joseph
    well i guess i will have to go back to running bank line's:roll_eyes:

maby some times we all to go back where we started some times to remember the fun :angry:

5. cheppy

cheppy New Member

State:
    pa
    Fished from shore with minimal success. Having diabetic neuropathy didn't help much. Fished from my 16' Smokercraft w/ 50 hp prop. After busting 3 props last year at $125 a prop I paid my truck off and bought a G3 flat bottom/jet boat with a center console and a 60/40 Yammy Jet. What a ride . Now I can get almost anywhere. Still need a buddy to launch it due to the diabetes. But I can Handle that.

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Believe it or not I find bank fishing more relaxing then running my boat.. I also caught bigger fish sitting on the bank.. What i look for is a spot that everyone else overlook and I have good success...

Here are some that came from the bank this year..

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I think the last one was last year

8. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    Willie you allways seem to find nice fish from the shore wish i had your luck did you make it down to chain of rocks yet this week

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Nah... Gonna try an make it in the morning.. Depends on how much I drink tonight..

A friend of mine said he got 15-20 of em tuesday morning.. He said they had a good run for about 30mins or so and it shut off, couldnt find a bite

10. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Elvis, gonna be joining you on the bank for a while, shelled my lower unit today and I'm not a real happy camper right about now:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and you guys enjoy the camp out this weekend!!!:wink:

11. free agent

free agent New Member

State:
    Indy/ Living in STL MO.
    Bed bug where do you fish at? Do you live in the city?

12. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. St. Joe, other side of the state. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

13. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    What happened Larry, Did you hit something. :sad2:

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    stick with it and you will catch em.