Boat access on the Cimmarron River

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by mtrimble, Mar 7, 2007.

1. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Is there anywhere between Cresent and the Langston University area I can get a boat on this river?

I usually fish this river from Cresent in the west to the mouth of Stillwater creek in the east. Id really like to get a boat on between these two places.

2. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Try launching at the river bridge North of Guthrie. That is the only place I know.

catman george

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't believe the banks at the bridge north of town will allow you to launch a boat. I know a couple of guys who have private ramps for their airboats, but am sure they will not allow the public to use them to launch.

4. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Anywhere on cottonwood creek, maybe?

5. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I had a friend some years back drag a short solo canoe over the logs and drifts on the cottonwood. He started where Broadway, I thinks that the old hwy, crosses over the creek.
    said he would find some good holes between log jams (up river) and I saw some good flats he caught from there. He found one hole with a big maulberry tree hanging over the water, and he caught several 8/9 # outta there. He used the berries for bait. He invited me but I'm too old and crippled up for a trip like that. Also said he saw a lot of snakes.