BnM silver cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by ILBigCats, Mar 22, 2013.

1. ILBigCats

ILBigCats New Member

State:
    Springfield Il
    Anyone got one? Like it or no? Looks like a nice rod for the cost. 7 and 8 ft 2 piece in casting and spinning. Cord wrapped grip. 15-30 lb medium action I think. Let us know if its worth pickin one up.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i saw those to they look pretty good to me but it was just in a catalog. if you find out let us know.

3. abugarcia00

abugarcia00 New Member

State:
    west virginia
    i actually just purched one from cabelas a few days ago and have caught 2 10 pounders on it to far and it holds up good. It is perfect for using circle hooks. im not sure how good it would hold up on a 50 pounder though

4. beefhead

beefhead Member

State:
    kansas
    I think these are some nice lookn rods for the money. I realy like the cord wraped handle. I must get one soon.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah i kinda like the feel of those cord wraped handles.

6. beefhead

beefhead Member

State:
    kansas
    I am getting where I don't like a big fat handle and prefer a slimmer handle. One of the reasons I like my tiger lite rods so much.

7. VanKley

VanKley Well-Known Member

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    I got myself a 7' ft tiger lite spinning rod this year! What is the biggest fish you have landed on yours?

8. beefhead

beefhead Member

State:
    kansas
    I got one toward the end of last season and fished it a few times and just loved the feel of that rod so got another one in the winter. The weather hear has been nuts so the water hear is just now warming up. So I have not had a chance to get a big one yet but I will! Mine are the 7ft heavy action and I going to get another one soon. I just like the slimmer handles and lighter weight and they are a sweet looking rod to. I don't want to fish big bulky rods at all after using these. I think there a guy on hear that got a 65# flat with one.

9. VanKley

VanKley Well-Known Member

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    I just seen one for $30 @ the fishermans outlet in spirit lake Ia. I also have a the normal ugly stick tiger and the tiger lite I will agree has a much nicer feel to it! Ive landed a 6 lb channel with mine this year:unhappy: Bigger fish on the way, I cant wait to haul in a brute with it! Good Fishing!

10. BrandonD

BrandonD New Member

State:
    Wichita, Ks
    Held this rod at cabelas tonight feels very nice .. tempted to buys as I'm looking for another rod but figured I would keep my options open a bit longer and they only had the 7ftr in stock.

11. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    i ordered a set of 8 footers a couple of weeks ago biggest so far is a 7.5# flathead it did just fine i really like them ill prolly order a few more

12. MBH

MBH New Member

State:
    Darlington, SC
    I have a 7ft casting rod. I caught my first fish on it Saturday and it handled it well. I am gonna pick up more

View attachment 222811

13. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    nice blue what did it weigh??

14. slackwater

slackwater New Member

State:
    ohio
    One of my buddies bought 4 of'em and says they're GREAT!! channel cat rods!!

15. Jim dandy

Jim dandy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    James Loerzel
    I just bought the bnm silver cat at Wal-Mart for $30 the scat70s-m. It has a listed line weight of 10-20LB, but nothing for the lure weight anyone know what it is?

16. snakedog

snakedog Active Member

State:
    Lost Bridge
    Name:
    Karl
  17. Khh27

Khh27 Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    I do 12oz on the magnum no problem so I'm sure the reg will be a capable rod

18. Jim dandy

Jim dandy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    James Loerzel
  19. Josey1965

Josey1965 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Josey
    New member, just joined up.

I have the magnum and it is a good rod. I would guess the regular model is just as well made.

It would be great if they were made in the USA but they are made in China...they are still a quality piece of gear.

20. Panfish Bill

Panfish Bill Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The new ones with the cork handles, stainless reel seat, and stainless one piece eyes looks amazing! Same indestructible blank too. If I wasn't head over heals in love with a Battle Cat I would have an army of the new BnM rods.