Blythe report.... semi.....

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by gilmafam, Jun 9, 2008.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey gang just got back from Blythe Gathering...... good gas prices in az.... $3.98 .... filled the RV for the return trip...... everything was good .....

Everyone had a great time...... Out of town quests.... "Blue Hunter" and a "basketball team" of budies..... did the thing on the "local Ditches" and got some big flats into middle #40 lbs..... Rayan from Az seemed to be the best in the boats.... with consistant fish...... I got more or less skunked... but the boys in the boat.... Bert (Shania and Plumbertom) did some fish from the boat, but did the bigger fish from the canals....

Last nite, we traveled south 15 miles and launched onto the river for just two channels, and a # 5 lb flat by tom.....

Bert caught his first "flat" and that "made the trip' for him.....

Tonight, with out a boat, they were going to hit the local canals again and see what the "stink and fresh dead" would do....

done for now..... pictures are comming..... Bert has got many to share.....

Who was there... Well my wife Sharlene and myself.... Bert "Shania and Plumbertom1, "tofish" gary and three friends....... Sandy Lizard and hubby Bob, Tim..... "tighertat" and his son..... then with "Blue, he had two SUV' filled with bait and buddies..... maybe nine...."Jagdoctor" showed up as he is "loco" I mean local......but had some "honey doos" to do and almost called in sick.....

Then there was Ryan. with his Lowe, . and Andy with the pontoon, and of course Dale and Billy Joe ...... Who have I forgotten?????

Well check it all out on the "gatherings page"....Az/ca gathering..... should be some pics and more to come..... Bert and Tom leaving tomorrow, and Riverbudd doing the same......

"Great saturday afternoon "get together' with "catfish from Ryan" some cheeze grits from Sandy, and ears of corn by Riverbudd.... great gathering before going out for the last nite..... lost of stars, and the wind died off and it was quite still on the water......

Later.... Bayrunner Ray

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey man.... to get out out southern california yu can use I-8 from San Diego, or I-10 out of LA to Blythe, and further north.... the way to Vegas is I-15 to Barstow, and then You can hit I-40 that goes to Needles...... all major ways to "get out of Southern California" ..... all which cross the Colorado River......

Not say get out of the state at all man.... but you did a good job with the "local fish"..... bayrunner Ray

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    bulldog, from your place, maybe 4 hrs or so straight out 10 and you'll hit blythe. you missed a good time brother. sorry you didn't make it.
    gary