Blunt arrow heads

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Wil, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    does anyone use them for turkey hunting? ive got some and the only real place i could think theyd work on is the head. could you kill one if you shot it in the vitals or would it just make then run off

2. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    I wouldnt try it. Probably not legal anyway. Yes it would kill a turkey if you hit it in the head or neck but would not penetrate the feathers on a body shot. Use large mech. heads 1.5in or so they have some serious knock down power on turkeys.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    use blunts for target pratice,squerils,and rabbits.every thing else deserves the sharpest broadhead you can possibly get your hands on.the animals we hunt deserve nothing less.johnnie

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Most use broadheads or a broadhead with a washer behind the head to limit the penetration..... Turkeys are tough with a bow. I have tried several times but havent been able to get a shot off befor being busted......

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Try the "Gobbler Guillotine". You can go to their website and see some amazing video.

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    too expensive for me.. i want some but they cost too much and if they break its a lot for replacements too

7. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I saw the video of the Gobbler Guillotine at Bass Pro Shop, I was very impressed.

chris

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    A 100 grain Spitfire has worked 5 out of 5 times for me! Use a good broadhead, and shoot them in the vitals-I wouldn't be thinking about head or neck shots...

9. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    No one could have said it better.