Bluestone and Burnsville Lakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by Fishandpotatoes, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Fishandpotatoes

Fishandpotatoes New Member

State:
    WV
    Newbie here. "First time Poster John Boy" This is a super website. Glad to be a member.

WV Game And Fish rated Bluestone and Burnsville Lake as two of the top spots for catfish with Bluestone bringing in citations for channels like crazy and Burnsville as the top spot for flatheads.

Just wondering if anyone has any reports from these lakes. I am going to Bluestone next week and am working on a trip to Burnsville.

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I am planning a trip to Bluestone real soon probably week after the 4th.

Welcome to BOC be sure to check out the members library.

3. wesmcbride28

wesmcbride28 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have caught ok sized channels out of bluestone early this year biggest was 14lbs near bullfalls on night crawlers, and a one more about 1 or 2 weeks ago. I know there are big ones in it. I have also caught a few ok flat heads. Try a little bit of every thing .

4. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    im just a hop and skip away from bluestone... i havent hada chance to catfish there yet but the river near the dam is good place to catch redeyes and smallies... ive heard tall tales about the cats there though, and they are huge.. lemme know if u have any luck and what u use and where... welcome to th BOC.. im a newbie myself
    Adam