bluesteam?

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by twincatfis, Sep 13, 2009.

1. twincatfis

twincatfis New Member

State:
    lincoln nebraska
    went to bluesteam last night from about 8pm to 4am had no bites i throw cut shad, live gills, liver, shad guts, nightcrawlers,and green worms!!! any thoughts?

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    with all the rain latly you might want to get right up in the coves where creeks and stuff carry the water and food to the fish,thats where I usually find fish after a couple rainy days. have not fished bluestem in a couple years though,used to have good luck in the submerged timber at the north end for some decent channels

3. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    skawez is the man you need to talk to about bluestem..last time I was there all I got was a turtle...and a stringer:wink:

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    bluestem... now id have to say they are in the channel and the holes off the dam. as for the coves or the one i pulled all the nice ones out of this year.. filled with blue green algae. now idk if they still roll in that crap or not i only fished it once since it moved in cuz well i like to clean off my hands and such in the lake and i dont want to get any of that crap on me or the kids who like to do the same and forget regularly not to get in the water around that stuff.. as for the back water in the woods ive fished the heck out of that and only caught a few off to the side of it in a cove just out side of the trees so that part of the lake eludes me. but the 17' holes off the face of the dam and the channel running about 60-80' out from the west side should be doin well about now.. i havent been out there for a month or so. but stagecoach is doin good on liver and at times wagontrain aint doin to bad. ive been meaning to hit merganser up again.

5. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    as far as found goes... took the boys out to wagontrain last weekend.. and Brennen found ... a New pole with 35lb braid on it.. 3 hooks #6-8 in package a Nice hooked seraded lock blade knife a stringer 2 lighters a new pole holder and 2 tubs of liver that was still good. we didnt catch anything but with a haul like that to take home not hookin into the fish didnt bother me none.

6. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    it must be karma because I got skawez's stringer when I fished with him and last time I went fishing with satty at the big muddy he got my stringer:smile2: and last time I went out to the canal I reeled in some nice team catfish weights...and I only know 1 guy who has those:wink:

skawez next time I fish with ya the bad luck stringer goes back with you!!!

7. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    no thats ok you can have it i picked up a couple new ones.. finders keepers man :smile2:

8. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    AIN'T NO FISH IN THAT LAKE SASQUATCH ATE EM ALL:smile2:

9. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i hear ya Jeff summit sucks don t know why any one fishes that place:smile2:

10. sattv

sattv New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    You found my weights?.....trade ya for your stringer LOL

11. subcook

subcook Member

State:
    Grand Island, Nebraska
    well saltty they were either urs or mine right but it cool I lose things like that all the time and I feel the same way finders keepers unless some one just decides to raid my stuff while I'm pre occupied

12. sattv

sattv New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'd bet they were yours

13. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    blue steam?

14. catfish_hunter01

catfish_hunter01 New Member

State:
    nonya
    bump

15. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    aint been out there for 2 weeks but when i was sasquatch was roamin around good and the cats were hiding