Blue's

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by stangcrazy85, Dec 29, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    are blues more active during the day or nite ?? never targeted them before
    thanks for the help fellers and gals

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have caught larger numbers of blues at night time, but I think they are most active in the early morning and late evening during the summer. Then again I didn't win many tournies either....LMAO:smile2::wink:...During the winter it is definatley the daytime..

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    now i wonder what my odds are off the bank where a river dumps into the ohio should be a damn deep hole there somewhere now what would be your go to blue cat bait if shad were out of the pic... dont have a cast net
    i do have some bluegill,bass,perch fillets frozen next best thing ??

4. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    GET A CAST NET!!! I have never fished for them with anything other than shed or skips , but you can probably catch them with the other. That said we have done a lot of fishing with a lot of different baits , shad and skips will outperform all other baits 99 percent of the time.

5. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    said it all right there willie!

6. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I started off this year in pretty much the same situation you are. I had never fished for blues and was tied down to bank fishing. I didn't get a cast net until christmas so I had to resort to things I could buy in the store or catch on a pole. When I went out with bluegills and chubs I caught nothing. When I went out with shrimp and chicken I caught stuff. I caught them in the day and at night. If you find the spot where they are and are active they will eat your bait. But like the fellas said, if you can get those skippies and shad, you are better off. Good luck! Let us know how it goes. If you are in cincinnati and need company while fishin', also let me know haha.

Catfish_Rob

7. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    I mainly fish during daytime hours and I have caught a ton of Blues during the daylight, early morning for me has been the best time being a tournament fisherman, I have caught a lot at night but I need to see structure and bank contours to be able to target them and I can't do that at night. I know all our fish over 50# has come during the daylight hours.