Blues took from the river

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by howard2119, Mar 26, 2009.

1. howard2119

howard2119 New Member

State:
    ohio
    What do you guys think about the fishermen who take the big blues out of the river with big nets and sell them to the pay lakes.

2. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Who gets the money and what is it used for.?..
    If the wildlife department gets the money then turns around and uses it in the hatchery or to buy more land for hunting and fishing ,, it would be fine...in a case like that ,,,but if it is just to fatten a mans wallet it just don't seem right

3. howard2119

howard2119 New Member

State:
    ohio
    The money goes in the fishermans wallet

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Should be banned and a felony offense in my opinion. How long before that practice has a negative impact on the river fishery? Chris

5. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Its wrong...don't care how you look at it...they sell fingerlings everywhere......

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I agree 1000%!!! It happens all the time around here with Blues & Flatties. Makes me sick at my stomach just thinking about it...:angry::angry::angry:

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I agree with Chris. These paylake people dont care what they are doing to a fishery, they are just trying to capitalize on people looking to catch big catfish. They are greedy people and will do anything to maximize their profits. They should be charged, fined heavily, and lose any kind of licenses that you would need to operate a paylake. :angry:

8. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank god mo outlawed the practice on the mo river --- only place they can do it now is on the miss.

9. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    This is just bad business.

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    A lot of those trophy blues and flatheads never make it the paylake alive and who ever netted or caught them doesnt lose a dime. What a waste, there should be a huge penalty or fine or revolked license in order here.

Notice I didnt use the term "fisherman" !