Blues on the bed!

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by TOPS, Jun 17, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Ok Members, When do you think the Blues will come off the spawn beds? All help appreciated!

2. redticrunner

redticrunner New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    my guess would be in a couple more weeks, but who knows i could be wrong.

3. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I hav`nt been going enough to have any idea, so I`ll go with the 2 weeks and try to be on the board more often to keep up.

4. Homeybrew

Homeybrew New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Weird. I haven't logged in for quite a while. The very first place I go to, 'There's DAD!' I guess we both came here looking for someone who knows where the bite is happening. At least we know the best place to check.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Top, For this area it's usually about the 3rd week of June. But as high as the water has been it's anyone's guess. We went Saturday evening/night 6-16-07 and caught 14 total but there were none over 6 lbs.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    top it should pretty much be over by july 15th.odd but when i was a kid we always started noodlin july 4th now its june 15th.goes to show global warming is a fact.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I do not fish the Lake that much because the river has been so good to me. The river current is to strong I must try something new. I am at a loss will the deep holes work? will they be in the shallows spawning? will they be on the flats? not much current in the lake but I have seen cats come out of there.

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Top - do like me , and just fish them. You will learn as you go. But, can't learn those lakes by not getting on them! There is such a abundance of nice fishing in Arkansas other than the Arkansas River - jump out there and give it a shot!

I learned a bit off of Johnnie fishing with him this weekend - he just don't know it.

9. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Who else would be on the board at 4:00 in the morning? Homeybrew (Andy)
    That is weird though..........It must mean something?????

10. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Tops,
    The Blue's may be on the bed but the channel are coming off the bed up here. I talked to a guy that fishes the same water I do and he said he caught a good mess of channel last Thursday and the females didn't have any eggs. Like someone else said, get out on that lake and do some fishing. The only way to figure them out is to get out and search for them.:lol: Heck, the search is almost as fun as catching them when the search is over. You get to learn new water and improve you cat knowledge at the same time.:tounge_out:

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    That is part of the fun using all your skills and your friend's skills depth finders all the latest electronics to locate and catch those cats. I too used to only fish the Ar. river top. A few years ago i had to learn different skills when i was invited to begin tournament fishing because we HAD to fish lakes. It is not that hard. Just try all the things you listed, i bet you catch some. Not all the blues are nesting we caught nsome saturday night at kerr lake.

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Thanks for the advice sam. I hope to fish the Lake this week.

13. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Hey Topsarge, as soon as the river flow gets under 100 mph, will give you a shout and see if you`re up for some drift fishing. We are due, I mean overdue, for one of those nights where all the blues are 20 +.

14. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    We are baiting holes on Lake Nimrod and catching alot. Mostly Channels and a few Blues. Most are just fiddlers as maybe the bigguns are spawning ? Still catching a mess of Crappie most days around cover on jigs. Don't give up just cause the river is'nt right Topps. There are lots of fish to catch in the area lakes.:smile2:

15. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I Do not know when , But I would bet my skippies that they will be done when we can finally fish that rip roaring river. We always look forward to mid July and early August for Blues on Bull shoals and Norfork.They are usually done and real hungry by then. The river should have a bit of new personality; with deeper scour holes and all the rest thrown in for good measure. Heck Top you may not even recognize it. It will be like a new fishing spot, with old memories. Lakes do fish good; but they aren't "ole man river". Hope we all hook up to something real big soon. Might have to "pull anchor",and "go with him". Just saying those words fire me up!

16. CIBE2001

CIBE2001 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I live in the booneville area. Been to most of the lakes around here and didnt catch notta. Hit some of the local creeks and the petit jean river and have been doing really good. Lots of 3-8 pound channels no blues and 2 small flat heads and by small i mean small .

17. bigfisher4life

bigfisher4life New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well ive been fishing over in Indiana below the McAlpine locks and have caught some pretty good size cats from below them. They are on the hunt for shad as the current pushes them out of the locks they seem to be feeding right of the side of the current in small eddies that form when the current circulates in about a 6 or 7 foot radious. find these small eddies with the use of shad in any way and your guarenteed to find the good ones.

18. CIBE2001

CIBE2001 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Any decent fishing at cove lake off of hwy 309 near paris. mt magazine ?

19. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome to Eric. Booneville is my residence. We fish everywhere:eek:oooh: Cove is an excellent channel cat lake. Way in the back on punch bait. Caught some 9lbs. I only fish it in the fall though after they close camping and the park host leaves. 3 bucks a day to use the park for what ever reason.:eek:oooh:

20. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Still can not get on the river but hope to soon.