Blue's Ohio River, Stoney and DH

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by DeerHunter01, Feb 23, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well this morning I wanted to get out on the Ohio River earlier then we have been this week, but due to people sleeping in to all hours of the morning we didn't leave until 8:30AM again, (lol)

Man the frost was heavy this morning, and about 30*, Stoney and myself hit the water and headed to our secret spot (lol) ( I am not telling whistler) Anyway once we got in the area I started searching for the catfish, on the depth finder, we found several laying in some old tree tops and old stumps on the bottom of the river, about 38 foot of water today, River temp was right at 43* it seems to be coming up some. River level has fallen about 6 inches since yesterday.

We got set up and this time it took just about 35 Minutes until the first pole went down, ( Guess Who's ) yep Stoney !! (he held a gun to me and would not let me toss out until he caught a fish today ! Just not right man )
    Anyway I looked over and his rod went down hard !! you could seen his smile from across the river if you were there. I grabbed the camera , (which he told me was my job today !!) and I started filming away, After about 6-8 Minutes Stoney got the fish to the boat it was a nice one, 35 # Bluecat caught on a frozen skipkjack. Stoney could not quit smiling now, he was one up on me.

So now he told me I could bait up my rods and toss out, this is kind of unfair don't you think..(lol) Well we sat for about another hour in the same spot until we decided to move, so we picked up and move about 100 yards below us, still showing all kind of hogs laying in the structure around us, I guess there were not very hungry today, Anyway about 20 minutes and I looked up as my rod started to load, all I could hear was a groan coming from the other side of me, yep you got it right Mr Stone, making remarks under his breath !! anyway my rod started to load and I picked it up and the fish started to move off, so I hammered him, about 5 seconds into the fight I feel this heavy thing that stopped me, Wow right into a snag !! I looked over my shoulder and the Stone Master was smiling he figured I was done for !! so I let the slack off the reel and about 2 Minutes the fish was jerking hard on the rod, he had freed himself, about a 5 Minute battle I got the fish in and it was a 21# blue cat, the entire time Stone Master was filming my fish, we both gave each other high five's and decided it was time to pull off the water due to Stoney having to be at work at 3:00PM

I am just glad he didn't kick my butt out there today cause I would of never heard the end of it..

I downloaded the photos of our two fish for you to view.

Whistler & Catfish Hunter you guys don't have to sit on the sidelines come on up and come on over, I will show you my little secret hole. lol :p

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      52 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      55.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Don't you worry DH, I'm planning on coming on up!! Maybe when you least expect it!! I got a hole saw in my pickup that has transom of DH's boat written all over it!!! LOL Hmmmm......would I just show up and go fishing in your river without telling you? LOL No, not me!!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    DH buddie you have out done your self.

Whistler I would go get my truck.:) :)

4. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Dang you guys are killing me:) Congrats again!!!!

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Dang, good job again!!!:)

6. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
  7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks Guys, I think I will set up a surveillance camera at my fishing spot so it will set off an alarm when Whistler shows up there, maybe even set up a trip wire for him too..lmao :p

8. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Congrats to DH and Stoney!:) At least you guys caught something today, I got skunked from the shore here at Lake of the Ozarks.:rolleyes:

9. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    This guy has cought more pounds of catfish in the last 2 days than i did all last year! congrats

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Congrats, DH :thumbsup: You're just tearing 'em up this year!

11. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

So a guy with back problems takes a guy out in the boat with him named "Stoney".....I can't figure out the relationship.:p

Good job again guys!!!!

Is the offer still good DH????

Ray

12. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
    Good work guys. Those are some nice looking fish there.

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Rainman4u2

Someone who lives in woodhull, IL and can't find a highway south, maybe not need to go fishing. lol

Hey now are you making fun of the Stone Master ? I just thought I would warn you he is like 10 times the size of JW and alot meaner..lmao

Ray, I would say were brothers arent we, thats what the BOC is about brother, Hey save me a spot up there for the gathering I might run up to it too and visit been along time since I have seen some of the guys, plus I miss the schoe man and his cooking.

14. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    yea had a great day out on the river again,jw i mean dh almost got it again but that tree i hooked to his line came off somehow and he got the fish in anyway..lol....

15. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Way to go fellers, you guys are tearin them up. You guys really are in hog heaven.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

16. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice going. Keep banging on them blues. Theres got to be a hundred pounder lurking aroung there.

17. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    GREAT job guys!!!!

DH, how about takin some close, detailed pictures of your locator to help out your fellow brothers on what a "hog" in the water looks like.

18. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tdawg, I wont be out until next week on the boat got too rest up now.. lol really I need to spend a few days resting up my back and then I am going to try and hit it next week, I will do that for you, is there anything you want special like pink tutus on the fish ?? LMAO

No honest I will set you up buddy..what kind of a fish finder do you have on your boat ??

19. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    congrats again on the nice fish

20. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Don't have one yet. My wife has something up her sleeve and said that she would get one for me, but, what it is/will be, well, i don't know.