blues have been biteing

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish KID, May 7, 2009.

1. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    just thought i would let everyone know the hotwater output at portage power plant has been produceing alot of nice fish 5 to 28 pounds so far. skipjack and fresh shad

2. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the info, I need to find some skipjack and shad, can't get to the dam yet due to the high water. I am not sure where you are talking about, any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks

3. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    portage des su power plant is almost directly across from piasa creek. and you can catch shad in marina at piasa harbor, skipjack i have been useing is frozen. alton bait shop has it are you can get it from a guy of craigslist for 10 bucks for five pounds.314-280-9234. he has all you need and the price is right. but just put in, in piasa creek and go out around island to power plant on other side. i fish the mouth of hot water output all the way to were the coal conveyer crosses. good luck

4. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    now...all i have to do is get a boat!!!:eek:oooh:

5. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    sorry brother, maybe pm me sometime and you can go with me. im busy saturday but maybe sunday or monday. got a 28, 12, 6, 3 tonight.

6. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    man your gonna have to take me over there :roll_eyes:

7. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    just got back from over there tonight 6 fish 1 flathead my first 4# and the rest about 9 or 10 # blues, get ahold of me sometime

8. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Daniel
    I was going to Pm you but the board want let me do that yet. I would like to try to get with you and discuss the river between Alton dam and Grafton. I have a fishing Hot Spot map for this pool and I was just wanting to talk about where to go and not go.

9. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    got to get the Post count up to ten...............