Blues clues....less

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by C_wernett, Mar 6, 2007.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, something tells me that I'm going to regret it, but I just can't give up trying to catch my first blue cat. I'll be heading down to Wilmywood to fish the river again. But to spice things up, what do you bet I don't catch a thing???

2. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    tryin to catch yer 1st blue? Good luck. I remember my 1st, it was only like 6lbs, but it tasted GRRREEEEAAAAAT! have fun.

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    There's part of your problem Conrad... ya got to think positive... You're gonna catch a big 'un...:big_smile:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quality rather than quantity determines your success.

4. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    my first blue was out of the Cape Fear and he was a monster weighin in at a whole 1lb. :lol: I have caught alot of them now, I have always had luck fishing with large minnow.

5. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    I bet 5 bucks yah do :wink:

6. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've been fishing in blue waters for years, but I'll have bass eat my bait before the blues will. People beside me, fishing the same way I do, will catch blues. It's just weird that I haven't caught one by accident at some time or another. I keep my chin up whenever I go, because I know someday I'll actually get one.

7. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good luck my friend! Here are some hints that might help you out. Remember to always use fresh cut bait, strong line and a good stout rod, and a can of Blue spray paint:big_smile: .

8. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I caught my first blue last summer it went for 8 pounds and is the only blue i have caught so far, but that will change soon :D. good luck with your journey of catching your first.

9. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    you want to catch your first blue you need to catch fresh shad and cut them so they will bleed.

Attached Files:

10. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, we'll have shad, large (13")shiners, and some live eels that we'll cut and fish whole in case there are any hungry stripers swimming around also. Thanks for the words of confidence! After 10 years of pursuing a fish, I'm hoping that this weekend is the weekend that blues end there tyrant rule of my dreams! :tounge_out:

11. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ok, but you'll have to take me out fishing on the Neuse sometime to collect...should I catch one and lose that is! :big_smile:

12. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    yeah i only caught my first channel about 6 moths ago. its the one in my avatar it went for 7.3 pounds i still fish that little pond all the time and have yet to pull out another fish.

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Conrad if you dont let me know I will come up there and help you out. Make sure to cut your eel to make him bleed. Let us know the outcome and dont ever give up.

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good luck man, hope you finally get a Blue Cat!

15. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Conrad I don't know what part of wilmington you are fishing but we went down there about 4 months ago and fished under the main bridge going into wilmington, I caught a decent blue...but it looked like a shark got a hold of him....

We anchored up under the bridge on the right hand side (going up river). The last passage way between bridge pilings has a big drop off. It's hard to explain but if you can find that drop off we marked a bunch of fish....as soon as my buddy threw in he had a blue....again nothing big but it was a blue...he also caught a flathead that day in the mid afternoon on cut (frozen then thawed shad)

here is a picture of the blue maybe the picture will help you understand the location of where i was at.....you can pm. and i can try to explain better..

good luck I hope you catch a big one!!!!!

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19498&d=1167451049

16. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    just keep your head up and your line wet and you will catch one.

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Conrad, I've never caught one either buddy. Maybe we're just two too happy people to get blue....uh, I mean get a blue :big_smile:. And because I'm optimistic, I'll bet $2 you catch one - and $1 you don't :lol:!

18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    You have to keep on keeping on and try to fish waters or areas that has an abundance of blues. Mainly around this time of year when the water is still cool you will have to fish deep pockets or holes. Try to nab them at night as well when the weather gets better. And fish around structure for teh most part.

19. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    good luck fishing for them blues. hopefully you get ahold of a biggin:tounge_out:

20. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ok, I think I know where you are at there. That's where my buddy's been fishing here recently. He got spooled there last weekend, so I'm packing heavy to be safe. Did he catch that flattie in that area? I haven't heard anyone catching flats that far down.