Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been catching blues for the last 3-4 months during the day. I have been catching them anywhere from 9a.m. to about 3p.m. I am fish the drop off's in the river channel of a lake and catching the consistantly around 30-38lbs. Anyone else catching them at other times?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
In the winter I only fish in the day, and seem to do just fine. IN the summer I fish at night to beat the heat but I think day and night are both good times to fish. I perfer morning and evening better but the last 5 times I have went out we were catching fish at noon.

·
Registered
662 Posts
i'm still catching blues in the daytime. thats about the only time i fish. want to try some night fishing . anyone got any tips for night fishing?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been catching them at night too(here's a pic of a 2 for 1 deal) but like already said, the bites are slow. I usually throw out for the big ones and use my zebco to catch same ones while I wait. I had 2 rods hook up within 2 minutes of each other. One fishing dead gold fish and the other fishing live shiner.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you guys usually fish shallow at night or do you continue in deep water or both??? Is it different for blues ..channels...and flatheads. Just trying to get some input as I plan on doing some night fishing this summer. Last summer I caught some nice channels and flatheads on limblines baited with live bluegills.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I catch blues during the daytime all year around - in fact, I almost never fish at night.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My husband and I fish the red river. We have been catching during the day not much luck at night. we caught a 35 pound blue sat. around 2 in the afternoon

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Yup, blues bite all hours of the day.

They eat when they are hungry, or presented with a meal they can not turn down. The illusion that they can only be caught at night has been shattered many times, but has continued to go on because most people have been taught and learned to only fish at night.

My personal best blue came during the day, as did my #2 fish, and my #3 fish.

·
Registered
913 Posts

They eat when they are hungry, or presented with a meal they can not turn down. The illusion that they can only be caught at night has been shattered many times, but has continued to go on because most people have been taught and learned to only fish at night.

nice fish:smile2:

·
Registered
913 Posts

that is a nice flat head:wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.