blues are bitin on Eagle Mountain lake

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by capt295, May 31, 2008.

1. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    Hi , just got in from fishing with my girlfriend, it is 5am. I caught my personal best blue cat. ON my scales he weighs 30 lbs. we caught a total of 5 blues and 5 channel cats. the next biggest blue will go around12 lbs and one about 6lbs the channels are about 2 lbs each. I will weigh them all in the morning and post the results. Caught all the fish on cut shad. great nite. just had to tell someone. LOL. tight lines and bent rods to all. Bob

2. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bob, Luke Clayton here. Good job on the great evening catfishing. Eagle Montain is really an excllent catfish lake, isn't it? I see a big fish fry in your future! Thans for keeping us tuned in. Luke

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    It sounds like you and your girlfriend had a great day on the lake. Congrats on your new pb blue.

Tom

4. Bob,

I just arrived back from Eagle Mouintan Lake.
    We got a load of bites but we only netted 4 keeper's .
    I was hoping you could tell me where on the lake you fished , were you on a boat, what bait did you use and what time at night did you land these fish.
    I wish you the best of luck out on the water and thank's a million.

Sincerely,

sTRICTLY Catfish.

5. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    I was fishing out of a boat, fishing mid lake, fishing rocky banks, water depth 4feet to 14 feet, the 30 lber i caught came out of 4 foot of water. the others were came from about 8 ft of water. started fishing around 9pm and caught first fish about a 6 lber within 5 min. of getting there. Didnt even have time to get all the rods out yet. big fish came at 1130 pm. caught fish all the way till we left at 4 am. I was using cut gizzard shad, making them in to steaks, and whole shad that were about 5 inches long. I used some shad whole with a couple of slits on each side, the gizzard shad steak was the best bait, tackle is use is 4 garcia 6500's with 20 lb test line and 4 garcia 7000,s with 30lb line, big fish was caught on 6500 reel, with a medium rod similiar to ugly cat rod. and i use 6/0 and 8/0 circle hooks. i will post pics if i can ever find out how to move them from photobucket to my pic album on this site. lol any help would be appreciated.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that's awesome bob, wish i was closer to help you eat em up! :roll_eyes: lately none of my cats are hitting the freezer, momma wants to eat catfish since she had the baby, i just have no choice but to comply with her wishes!!

7. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    yep , fish fry today and then back to the lake for some more fishing .

8. muddy waters

muddy waters New Member

State:
    texas
    i live near eagle mountain lake, i now know there are good fish to be after... and with the price of gas.... when i get my boat finished up i have less than 10 miles to be fishin good cat waters and good people out on the lake chasin then cats!!!!:big_smile:

9. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    Hi, Muddy waters look forward to seeing you on the lake. Get that boat finished up, its time to fish!

10. muddy waters

muddy waters New Member

State:
    texas
    hey capt.... just got your pm but i cant respond to pm till i have 10 post... but yeah would love to make a new fishin buddy.. and as for my boat project... really not lookin at havin done til crappie seasonm in the fall. tearing all the wood out and using all fiberglass.... doing it my self... started off with a thickness of one inch plis wood with no wood layering it one at a time ive gotten it back to 3/8 to a 1/2 in thick so far and much lighter than wood and just as strong..... its gonna have some time in it.... but yeah man we could plan a night or day trip to meet if you want and yes my wife likes to fish.... thats why i married her!!!! :wink:

11. muddy waters

muddy waters New Member

State:
    texas
    caught a few and seen a few get caught thursday nite.... all on shad...

12. muddy waters

muddy waters New Member

State:
    texas
    met capt 295 have been out fishin with him and his wife a couple times now, and let me tell everyone here... very good people, and not a fly by night fisherman either... im glad to have hopefully made a good fishin buddy!!! :smile2:

13. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I must totally agree with muddy waters. I went fishing last night with capt 295 and his wife. They are both great people. Only one bad thing. I ate mcdonalds before going out, bad idea,and our trip was cut short when got sick.

14. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    Hey, Muddy waters and Mo thanks for the cudos, enjoyed meeting and fishing with yall. I can honestly say i have never meet a catfisherman i didnt like, Cant say the same about bass fishermen. LOL, hope we can do it again. Hope the BOC get together in texas happens i would sure like to meet some more of our brothers. Tight lines and bent rods to all. Hey Mo, we went back out to the last point we chummed and lost a biggun half way to the boat. he pulled every bit as good as the 30 lber we caught there. But he will be there for another day.

15. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Hopefully I'll be the one catching the big one.