Blues and flatheads in hoover.

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by true1212, Sep 16, 2006.

1. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Has anybody fished hoover lately? Do u know where the best spot to catch the flatheads and the blues there? Also, what kind of bait should i use?

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I don't think there is any blues in hoover. As for flatheads I have heard of them being caught, try around the stump field in the northern end.

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well try big live bait for the flats like bluegill, goldfish, even carp as far as the blues didnt know ohio lake had them

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    true1212

Alot here in Ohio with us will call Channels that may have a slite blue color to them, Blues.....they are not. Yes there are a few and most in the Ohio River down by Cincee. Its very common to see this mistake.

5. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey man, hoover is a great lake....to really hit the cats you need to go to the north end of the lake. If I were you and didn't have access to a boat I would go to any of the tributaries, most have pull offs you can park at. Use whole shad, night crawlers....blue gills are so so there.

As for the mistaken blues....in hoover there are DEFINITELY blues that are quite distinct....there are some hybrids....and there are loads of channels. LAst time I fished I had really big, fresh, nice shad and caught some really big blues out there....some channels that were nice too. In all hoover is an awesome lake.....took Truckin4x4 out and we did good....but only had tiger shrimp...gotta get shad out there.