Bluegrass!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmandeux, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I just spent a wonderful three days at the Turkey Track festival at Waldron, AR.

For you fans, this is as good as it gets...clean restrooms and showers, good acts, great folks, and a beautiful setting in the Ouachita Mountains.

The weather was perfect, and there were NO BUGS! (Okay, I don't want to know what they might have sprayed the place with to get that done...don't ask, don't tell).

For me, bluegrass, more than any other music, is affected by place...it loses much of it's essence when taken to an urban, indoor setting. The mountains were beautiful, almost magic. Wish you all could have been there!

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Ya gotta love it Dave. When it all comes together as you have described it really doesn't get any better.

I am blessed in that there are many such events here close to me in these high hills (mountains) of NC, VA, and TN.

Bluegrass music is one that will always remain one of my all time favorites.

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    In 1976 I went to an Earl Monroe concert in Southern Indiana. Out in the woods away from everybody. Best thing I have ever done. Earl had the biggest bodyguards I have ever seen.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Bluegrass is the best!! We have a festival here every summer---never miss it!!

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Here's a sign from the Blue Ridge Parkway for the bluegrass fans.

Attached Files:

6. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    Dave,

There's also a festival in Eureka Spring, AR, in August. Not IN the country, but still small town-ish.....

Were there cloggers at the festival? I am one of those crazy clomping kids!

Mik

7. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Bluegrass Rules !