Bluegills

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Gotbuck, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    How do you guys bait your bluegills (hook sizes, types, and weights, etc..)and what do you use? I personally have never used them, but I'm thinking of getting a few Kat Bobbers for my vacation in July at the Lake of the Ozarks. Much appreciated for any info. Thanks.

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i hook them right behind the dorsal fin just under the back bone. the hooks i use vary according to the fishing im doing, what size im hoping to get, and how big the baitfish is. typically i use a size 8/0 gamma octo circle. but sometimes i go with a size 6. if its big flats then i will use the biggest perch i can find and a size 10/0 nemesis circle hook.

3. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Basically what madcatter said. I typically go 6/0 on four inch gills and under. Anything over and it will go 8-10/0 baitholder circle hook.

4. colonelsanders

colonelsanders New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use 8/0 Eagle claw circle seas and a 3 foot leader hooked between tail and top fin

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like useing the Kat Bobber or homade bobber useing a 3oz sinker with a 6" greensunfish and a 6/0 Gama. So far I havent went deeper than 3' with them and have good luck.

6. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    its like everyone says , but try some deeper and some shallow. i set some 12 foot down.:wink: