Bluegill trap?!?

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by FLATHEAD LBER, Apr 17, 2008.

1. FLATHEAD LBER

FLATHEAD LBER New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh PA
    i just got a bluegill trap off the internet and was wondering if anyone has used one before and if it worked good or not the one i got looks like a crab pot "crab trap" if you know what they look like.any info would be cool

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I havent ever used a blue gill trap before but I do know that you can get some wax worms and catch alot of blue gill on them, let us know how the trap works for you and if they are any good or not.

3. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The traps work like a slot machine. I use a slice of bread for bait and put the trap in my creek and catch 40-60 in 1 day. They all run about 3-5". You can use dry dog food if you want. It does not seem to matter. I have baited it and put it in my pond within 2-3 minutes the perch smell the bait and start investigating. Pretty soon they start going in the opening. They work great!!

catman george

4. oklahoma caveman

oklahoma caveman New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    ditto that. iv had traps so full that its all you can do to lift it.:cool2: not that thats ever been a problem. and iv had the same experience with size, although occasionally ul get 1 thats bigger

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    These are illegal in my state for bluegills... They have to be caught on hook here...

6. walongtree

walongtree New Member

State:
    NC
    Where can you get these traps. They sound too good to be true. I am wasting way too many hours trying to catch bait with cainpoles.

DL

7. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc you will love it:wink:

8. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    YOU CAN GO ON THE MEMBERS LIBRARY FOR INFO ON HOW TO BUILD ONE.ALSO ACADEMY SELLS THEM.LOL

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jesse, they are not legal in commonwealth waters, but other than that you are good to go.:wink:

10. bigrob2530

bigrob2530 New Member

State:
    pa
    where do you get these traps from ??

11. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  12. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I've made 2 like are in the members library they work great and are easy to make. They are alot cheaper to make

13. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i live in ohio and i have to catch my bluegill with a rod/reel but i was wondering if i could use them in a private pond? any info would help thax ...will

14. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We have the same law here in North Carolina,but you can use them in private lakes or ponds.

15. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I have never used on but after you use it tell us how it does.

16. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Yes sir .... you can use them in a private pond in Ohio ... as long as the pond dosen't have egress to a stream, creek, river or lake. Garry-