Bluegill snapped my line!

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by OhioRiver, May 21, 2009.

1. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My 33 needs new line on it. I lost a good lure on a small bluegill today. Effing blah! lol:angry:

2. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hahahahahhahahaha sorry to hear that what lb of line was u using and how big was the gill?:smile2:

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    33 are useally lined with 10lb test factory.. I know the three i have are 10lb test cept one and it it 14lb vanish.. I spooled it...

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've got a 33 that needs to be replaced. I think it's getting old.:big_smile:

5. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    You should change your line a leat 2-3 times a year if you fish alot. I generally change my line before the start of the season in the spring, then in early summer and once in the fall. Sounds like a lot but fishing line gets a lot of abuse if you fish a lot. Not sure what most guys do but I dont want to loose a fish due to poor line. Besides monofilament isnt that expensive.

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    you might be right bout mono not being expensive, but power pro sure is.. i can only afford to get "new" line once each spring.. however... about halfway through the year, ill take it from one reel to another to reverse it.. cheapest way i found to change line at halftime.. :wink:

7. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    That's the way I was told to do it.:wink:

8. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey kyle does that work pretty good for ya I was thinking of doing it but I don't need any screwups this year...... tooo late :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    yeah i think it does.. logically, you usually wouldnt have more than half your line in the water at one time, so if you reverse it, i like to think its still "fresh".. this is just my opinion tony, so when that 300lb... uh... log.. breaks you off.. its not my fault..lol:smile2:

10. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol u know i will get it :smile2::angry::smile2:

11. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dont forget the fence and the 30 pounds of sinkers and the 20 lures!!:wink:

12. 40oz

40oz New Member