Bluegill fishin' at Branched Oak

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by WaltonsMountain, Jul 30, 2009.

1. WaltonsMountain

WaltonsMountain New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey haven't done bluegill fishin' since I was a kid but plan on catching a few at Branched Oak to use as cut bait this weekend. Where are some good bluegill spots at BO? Heck I don't even know what time is the best to go lookin' for those little critters! :smile2: All help is much appreciated!

Will be bank fishin' if that helps! Thanks!

2. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Concentrate on the brush and boat docks. Just about anytime is good as far as I'm concerned. And if you can buy some crickets or catch some grasshoppers. We went to our farm pond tonight and caught 26 in two hours all on grasshoppers that we caught in the grass right there buy the pond. We should have enough for set line fishing this weekend granted they don't die.

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    try along the rock jetties and around the gazebo by the marina. The problem is that branched oak is over run with white perch so you'll get more of those then bluegill. You might try wagon train instead.

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    anywhere along the bank at the edge of the shadow, area 2 is a great place for gillies bullhead bass and little flatties not so much for the perch tho.

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    only the shadow know

ooooohhhh

yikes

6. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Summit lake is also good for bluegills. We were gettin 8-1/2 to 9-3/4 inch bluegills up there earlier this year.