Bluefin Tuna Charter Booked

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by JAYNC, Dec 4, 2006.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Well its confirmed, I have booked a private charter for Giant Bluefin Tuna on the 23rd of Dec. The boat is out of Morehead city N.C. named The Bill Collector. Its a very well known boat and captain and look forward to going. So far its just me and my dad going but if any are interested there is room for 3 or 4 more people if you want to go. I cant wait to go, the biggest fish I have ever caught is a 56lb bluecat. I hope the tuna are biting that day.

2. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    good luck it sounds like fun.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    You got a good charter. Steve can put you on fish.
    Enjoy the boat too. It's a Jarrett Bay. One of those plywood epoxy fiberglass creations.

I'm surprised he hasn't fled to Costa Rica for the winter chartering down there.

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Hey Mark, let's go with him.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Not a bad idea Bob. It should be a pretty short boat ride too. They catch those things pretty close in. Makes for a lot of fishing time.:big_smile:

Steve is one of those mule city boys. He grew up in Benson.

6. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jay if you are lucky you will have a fight you will never forget.Got my first big tuna two years ago 462 pounds on stand up tackle two hours of pain.but when then fish hit the boat it was worth it

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That sounds like a heck of a time. Wish I lived close to the coast to be able to do stuff like that. Have fun and catch a biggun'.

8. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Yeah I cant wait to go, and it would also be cool to meet some BOC members if they come along. He said it varies as far as how far they go, sometimes the fish are right on the beach and sometimes not. Should be plenty of fishing time though. I went a couple years ago on a 38' Luhrs and it was a nice trip but the tuna were way down and wouldnt come up to bite. I just hope the weather is good, almost everytime my dad comes down here bad weather is terrible.

9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    HI Jason, good luck! I love tuna fishing. Unfortunately in the westcoast, we cannot get gianttuna(waters too deep)

Jaime

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jason I believe there is a good article in the current edition of NC SPortsman magazine on the bluefins.Seems there aren't as many lately as there have been in past years.Might be a cyclic thing or perhaps an off shoot of the hurricanes.How many do you have going and how much would a share of the charter be?:smile2:

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I am about as jealous as a little boy watching his twin brother eat an ice cream, lol

12. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Hope that you have a great time, Bluefin is on my list of fish I hope to catch at least once in my life.

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good luck, you should have a great trip. I am looking forward to giant tuna trips in the future.

14. luv 2 catch kats

luv 2 catch kats New Member

State:
    ca
    GOOD LUCK BROTHER,

I HOPE YOU GET A 500LB. BE SURE TO POST SOME PHOTOS.

15. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Yeah a 500lb would definitely be a trip to remember. It should be a fun time unless the weather is bad, but I have my fingers crossed. I will take lots of pictures weather it be of fish or us just having a good time.

16. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Have a safe trip & I wish you the best of luck, hopefully mother nature will be kind to you.

Catch a biggun:wink:

17. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Just got an update from some of the local captains, they have been catching 1-2 bluefins a day and a couple in the 90" range. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Start working out. If he is going standup tuna you are going to tote a buttwhooping:big_smile:

19. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sounds like fun! Catch a big one and post a picture of it please.
    Bill

20. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.

Not sure if it will be a fighting chair or stand up but either way I'm sure we'll be pretty sore for a couple days. At least I hope I will be sore. You still want to go.