bluecats above the 895 bridge

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by river cat rat, Jun 9, 2008.

1. river cat rat

river cat rat New Member

State:
    virginia
    just wandering if the cats have started to bite good from dutch gap to say around the jimmy deans area yet coming down next week if anyone has heard anything please lets us know thanks:big_smile:

2. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Have not heard any consistant bite yet , a few whales have been caught. It was the first week of july last year before we caught biggones.
    But you can 't catch from the couch!!!

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing and let me know if you catch any "whales"!

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good luck Jason. Give a report good or bad, I'm curious myself.

Seen almost no reports on the boards leading me to believe they just aren't biting well right now. But you never know until you try for yourself.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    No luck fishing Croakers at West Point over the weekend. Went to Waterview this morning at dawn and steady caught croaks, spot, and white pearch. It wasn't bailing but was catching fairly steady with moving tide.

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    So how'd it go Jason?

7. Capt. Hugh

Capt. Hugh New Member

State:
    VA
    Hey Josh, they are starting to feed pretty good, had a 32, 42, 56 and 58lbers one evenging this past weekend.

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Thanks Hugh. Looks like I will have to make my way down there pretty soon.

9. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Hey Keneth,

Where is Waterview?

I did'nt go last w.end but my buddy said he caught a little of everyting @ Whitestone Sat. the 14th....small blues, croakers, good size spot and a flounder(not a keeper) but a flounder.

Thanks for the update

10. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Waterview is a small public ramp upstream from Whitestone, (10-12 miles?) on the Rap. The ramp is on the Southside of the river. Down a sideroad off route 17. Sorry I don't remember the route number but there is one of those brown public boat ramp signs at route 17 and on the corner is a small convience store gas station. Its 3-4 miles down that road to the ramp.

Accross from the ramp on the north side of the river is Bouy 10. There is an Oyster bar just upstream from the bouy 30 yards. Can be pretty good spot fishing there in the fall. You can find it as there usually will be some boats there. I have caught Spot, Croakers, Trout, and Flounder right there. Downstream from the ramp on the southside about a mile or so are the famous "Red Barns". Look for the rough bottom oyster bar on your fishfinder. Like everywhere. No secret holes. Go on a weekend and fish where you see boats.

I love to eat spot. In September I wait until I hear the big yellow bellies are up there and my brothers and I go load the coolers full. I have a Goose Lease nearby so It becomes a cast and blast kind of Day.