bluecatfish and falling water???

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by wedge17.6, May 7, 2009.

1. wedge17.6

wedge17.6 New Member

State:
    copan ok
    when fishing a lake for blues where is the best place too start looking for them in falling water, they have been up in the shollow grass areas but as the water started to receed the bite quite. any help would appreciated
    the wedge

2. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I would start looking at the nearest creek or river channel and follow it zig zagging back and forth going towards deeper water. It is a common theory that when water drops the survival instinct is for fish to go deep so they are not trapped in a pool of water that might dry up.

3. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I have found steeper banks, close to where they were feeding, Afish on a steep bank moves up and down, fish on flatswill have to move in and out.

4. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    I know when ever you are fishing below a dam and they shut down some of the gates, you might as well go home.

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There going to the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPP hole..

6. bankfisher73

bankfisher73 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just what healthy drink said! When water is being let out of resevoirs they think they are losing water ground I believe. Under the spillway/dam is a good option at these times but usually too crowded for me.