Bluecat surprise

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by jumpmaster, May 31, 2020.

1. jumpmaster

jumpmaster Well-Known Member

State:
    ohio
    Name:
    david
    Was showing my grandson how to clean a catfish, and he asked whats that, pointing to its stomach, I said after im done cleaning it we will open it up to see what its been eating, and this is what we found. It was about a six pound blue, the snake was longer than the fish. I have cleaned alot of fish in my life, and never seen that before 20200531_114314.jpg

Retta Ann, prlwng, SteveMcK and 4 others like this.
  2. Nuclear Bill

Nuclear Bill Well-Known Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Name:
    Bill
    Moccasin or water snake?

ramon06 and Brackish*Water like this.

3. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    Name:
    Jay
    Copper headed, rattle moccasin for sure. I have such an unnatural adversity to snakes (all snakes) it would have caused me to jump away from the cleaning station and maybe even mutter a curse word or two. I do have to wonder if the Blue came up and grabbed it off the top of the water Bass style or if the snake died of other causes and the Blue scavenged it off the bottom.

ramon06 and Nuclear Bill like this.
  4. Thunder head

Thunder head Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Name:
    Steven
    Ive see it before. Never with a catfish though. Who knows what happened.

I have had a couple of channel cats take a popping bug of the surface while fly fishing for bream.

ramon06 and Nuclear Bill like this.
  5. jumpmaster

jumpmaster Well-Known Member

State:
    ohio
    Name:
    david
    I would like to know if it was live when it was eaten as well, the grandkids were grossed out, but they still ate the fish with me

ramon06 likes this.