bluecat fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by lonny, Jan 19, 2009.

1. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    the new outdoor life mag say's blue's were stocked in az, you know where.

2. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Don't believe everything you read:wink:

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Morning Lonny, You will be the first to know if I catch any kind of catfish:smile2:

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Lonny,,
    Been awhile,,,,,
    I hope that is true, be awesome to have blues around here...
    I'd think the Lake would be a nice place for them!!

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Which lake/river would be able to support the blue cat? LP might work??

6. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    I'm thinking Mohave, deep,:wink: cold and with current

7. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I thought it was really weird that when I fished in Arizona for four years that I never caught one bluecat but there was a state record for them. Where in Arizona are there bluecats because I never seen one but theres a record for them so they have to be somewhere already.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    One of the brothers on this site posted an article a while back on this subject. From what I remember reading, the article said that blues were stocked in northern Az back in the 20-30's time frame. Some of the deeper lakes are supposed to have one caught on very rare occasion. I wonder how many folks catch a blue cat every year and not even know what it is?

9. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Damon...looks as though you got a new avatar.. good looking fish.. where did you get that one..

Bayrunner ray

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I have caught some nice cats in Roosevelt which I swore were blue cats. But I did not really know the physical differences which distinguish a channel cat without spots from a blue cat.

~ You are probably right, I bet some are caught every year, the fisherman calls them a channel cat before it goes into the oil..

~A

11. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I personally would not be broken hearted if blue cats were stocked anywhere within Arizona. I really liked catching them while living in Georgia because they will hit on both cut bait and live bait. They also can get really big and are really pretty when pulled from the water at certain times of the year. They don't have the speckled skin of a flatty, but have an intense blue color that most pics don't ever capture.

Something that I also really like about them is that they do very well in rivers and deep lakes. They have been noted to have been caught in 80+ deep waters.

Anyone who finds out were these guys were actually stocked will have my full attention in a few years.

Ryan