Blue Springs Shad

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by hereflattieflattie, Jul 30, 2009.

1. hereflattieflattie

hereflattieflattie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey, does anyone know of a place that sells frozen Shad besides Shad sides? I am going thru hell getting any netted and need some bait for tonight. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone in the area has some to spare, I would be greatful. I sure can't get them myself and have never had a problem before.

2. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    throw your net over by the bridge and on the other side where its 3ft deep you will get all you need. when you go under the bridge to your left throw your net and you will get them

3. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    That can be a decent place to go. Right now it is hard to get good shad, but not impossible and soon there will be a big boom of small shad around. I have been finding my shad in deeper water and letting that net get down 8 to ten foot. For bait tonight though. 40 woods does carry whole shad, shad sides and shad guts most of the time.

4. hereflattieflattie

hereflattieflattie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks guys, I went to 40 woods and got some shad as well as some cut mackerel. I haven't tried mackerel yet but I have heard it works. I will of course have my big pole baited with a big old green sunfish. Theres a Flathead I really want to get my hands on in Jacomo.

5. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    I sure hope you get him:big_smile:

6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Gotta Ask Since i read this thread and thought about it, planing on hittin the mo river from parking lot at La Boinet <-- never spell it right nor pronounce it LOL back on point going by 40woods to buy some gold fish and wanna buy some shad So on the Shad whats would i be better off using for the mo Shad Sides or whole Shads cuttin em up obv since there not alive as far as i know.

7. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

If your buying the hold shad from 40 Woods. The hole shad are really small. You would be better off just buying cut shad

8. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    jacomo has some bigo flatties in it:wink:

9. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Yes it does, Steve I talked with catfish Earl like you told me,
    I put in for Aug. 24 off of work, hope to get it.
    Heading to the Osage that day. Then I will look for Mr. Flat :wink:
    I'll do the Aug dance before I go out. :crazy: :eek:oooh: