Blue Springs Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ccso639, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ccso639

ccso639 New Member

State:
    Cass Couty, MO
    I have heard the Blue Springs Lake is now a hot spot of Hybrid Bass. Has anyone else heard this and if so have you fished for them. I just bought a 2008 Lowe Stinger 175 and I am looking for lakes in the Kansas City area to fish. Thank you in advance for you input and Good Luck. Kyle:big_smile:

2. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I hear there and Smithville are the hot st for those.

3. insanedrifter

insanedrifter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have some friends that have trolled the face of the dam before and done really well. Its benn a few years ago but one guy caught a 16 lb fish on blue springs, good luck.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    You'll need a county permit to use Blue Springs Lake, or pay $17 per day, your choice. You can use 2 daily-use passes as credit toward your county permit if you want to - so fish a couple of times, see if you like it or not, and then buy the permit.

The lake is a complete zoo on summer weekends. I'd sooner stay home than fish there on a Saturday afternoon...

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I forgot what you have to have to buy the Permit, is it your paid personal property tax or what. Or can you just buy one from the office like smithville?

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Kyle. Sorry i never fished it.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    You need your paid personal property tax receipt and the registration papers for your boat and motor.

8. ccso639

ccso639 New Member

State:
    Cass Couty, MO
    I will probably scout fish it a couple of times and see if it is worth the investment. I know that there are excellent crappie in the lake. I am hoping to locate those hybrids. Thank you all and I can't wait to get my new boat on the water.

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M

10. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    Have fished many times for hybirds very good lake for them. Top water in spring and summer at nights roges (chr/blue) Lots of fish . 1 to 8lb some 10lb

11. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri

It is a mess one the weekends..I agree about staying home instead of going out there and trying to fish

12. flatheadHunter84

flatheadHunter84 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In the spring alot of people catch them by the blow hole with live shad and balloons. I have cought a buch by the bridge, They have even bit on chickenliver when being fished with no weight. I probably cought 5 of them in a row before the liver could sink to the bottom, I couldn't belive it, I was just trying to catch some cats, nice suprise though.

13. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    hybrids and channel cats caught on hot n tots late and early mornings 1.5 mpg with 100 feet line 10lb test you will have lots of fun doing this

14. flatheadHunter84

flatheadHunter84 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will have to give that a shot, do you mostley troll the dam or do you hit some of the points too.