Blue Springs Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jnorman, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anybody fish Blue Springs Lake? I've fished a few times from the dam but never had much luck. I think I'm going to get the boat out and see what I can do though. Thought I'd see if anybody knew where the best places to fish are. Also does anybody white or hybrid fish there. I've heard the south end is the best place for that???

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    If you go south under the Woods Chapel Rd. bridge and then turn right and watch your depth finder, you can eventually locate the old river channel. That's a good place to look for channel cats.

3. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
  4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Isn't that a bar down on Main St.?? :wink:

5. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    *LOL*

I don't even know how to follow that one...other than:

Disclaimer: The below line is ONLY A JOKE
    "I thought I recognized you from somewhere."
    Disclaimer: The above line is ONLY A JOKE

But maybe I'll just be quiet, instead.:smile2:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Just a question Mr.T. Have you fished there? LOL

7. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks guys, that topo was helpful. Do you guys ever fish jacomo? Just wondering since the record channel was caught from there. Didn't know if they pulled big ones from there still or not.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I fish Jacomo quiet a bit. It is a good lake for drifting as there isnt a lot to snags on the lake bottom. Have to watch aruond the cappie beds as some of them hold a lot of brush. I have a friend who has spent the last 2 yrs. learning the lake and has put in a lot of hours there. He can actually do pretty good on the crappie. He caught a 17" last year that I wouldn't believe if I hadn't saw it. I was drifting last week and he was crappie fishin in his boat. He and his dad ended up with 26 all over 10". It is a good lake but you have to pay your dues and learn the lake. I've been fishing it since opening night which I think was about 1954.

9. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    A kid last month pulled a 30+ pound blue (I can't remember exact weight) from there...so there's some decent fish in there. I have been given some ideas on how to more efficiently fish those waters, but I've had such nonexistent luck there previously that I can barely bring myself to fish it anymore.

Then again, I know I will. :big_smile:

10. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    ...And you know we still will not catch anything :confused2:

Need to get that boat out brotha!

11. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I know, I know...and I'm going to be out of town for the next two weekends, too. :sad2:

12. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, me and a buddy decided to do a little water skiing out at blue springs. After we were done, we headed over to the south side to kinda get a feel for things over there (the engine on the fishing boat is torn apart right now :sad2:). Then we found out the fish finder wasn't working. Well we went over there anyway. And of course the first thing we do is run into a stump right below the water :roll_eyes:. Luckly we were just idling so it didn't tear anything up. I'm pretty sure I know where the channel is at over there, but kinda hard to tell with out a fish finder. Hopefully we'll get some rain soon so the fishing will pick up a little out there.

13. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    If you keep going straight after you pass under the bridge, you'll find out pretty quickly that the old road bed is there about a foot under the water... :eek:oooh:

14. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya i guess it could have been the road bed. I saw that it ran right through there so I tried to stay as far right as I could so I'm not sure if I got to far right and caught a stump or was to far left and caught the road. As low as the water is, I guess it was a pretty stupid move to try and go back there with our a trolling motor :roll_eyes:.