Blue Springs Lake and the EPA

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jacomo, Jun 30, 2009.

1. jacomo

jacomo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went to BS lake today and saw around 2 dozen EPA agents. They had two tents set up with half dozen laptops and the parking on the west end of the damn had a guy with lots of equipment, a generator and a satellite dish. They had 4 big boats with twin motors and one big Outlaw with a jet motor. Once we got on the water we saw about a dozen signs on trees stating different amounts of barrels discovered there. Some had large tanks and some had 55gal barrels. Some on the east side of the damn said the tanks were to big for them to get without special equipment and dead fish were found in the area. One said that the barrels had been recovered and a bad smell was coming from the barrels.
    We got kind of nervous so we left. On the way out we asked what was going on and were told it was just a train excersice, but over herd them say they would be back out Wednesday at 8am.
    We went to Jacomo and on leaving saw a EPA marked RV parked off of Woods Chapel. It had a big satellite dish on top and a large telescoping antenna like a TV station van might have.
    I dont know if it was a "training excersice" or not, but that was ALOT of money being spent.:confused2: Very strange!?!?

2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    hmm thats very strange but over the years of living in blue springs and hanging out at that lake ive seen a lot of strange things, i Highly doubt there is anything in the lake that shouldnt be there but on the other hand makes you wonder why they would being doing such a thing like that. Does the EPA know there is crap in our local waters or wut?

3. jacomo

jacomo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They started leaving around 4pm and said they would be back tomorrow so it shouldnt be hard for people to see. If it was just a "training deal" why not mark the big white signs they nailed to the trees as so? Kinda scary :eek:oooh:

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Well if there really was something going on they wouldnt of left then

5. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    They have to train someplace I guess. It was interesting to see for sure.

6. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

See Don the cat’s you caught a few weeks back, are radioactive, that’s way they were so big :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:

7. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If they were out there and their was a problem they would shut the lake down and you would see it all over the news. They have to report anything its call The Community Right to Know Act.

8. jacomo

jacomo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    OK they were gone lastnight and all the signs were down. But it was still freaky seeing those signs posted everywhere. Not that I dont trust the guberment or anything:eek:oooh: And I loosened up the tinfoil hat:wink:

9. kurtk

kurtk New Member

State:
    Independence
    Well, i think any of us would have been taken back by that. We've all eaten fish out of that lake, so yeah it might cause ya to wonder. I know i would.

10. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They do train for disasters and run simulations so they can handle the real deal. Trust me if it was a real spill they would have the lake locked down and local law enforcment and MONG out in force and a load of equipment. and every radio tv station ect would have been broadcasting it.

11. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

I believe this also, it would have been on the news locally.