Blue River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by River Outlaw, Jun 22, 2008.

1. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    C.J., Lucky, Pete, Terry, Tracy (Terry's wife), Taylor (Terry & Tracy's daughter), and me went to Rocky Ford last night and Terry was the only one who caught fish. he got a 6 1/2 (female) & 7 1/2 (male) lb. channels. the other pic is of Brandy (T & T's granddaughter & my god daughter) kissin the kitty. loks like she'll be a good gal

Attached Files:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Tell Terry I said congrats. Nice Channels. :big_smile:

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats to terry on the nice channels.

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    he set his PB channel last night.

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    congrats to the fish and hope he breaks his bp channel again

6. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Well J.J. at least you don't appear to be contagious!!

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Tell him congrats on the nice pair of channels. How come you didnt get any, were you sleepin?:wink::smile2:

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    first off, thank you for the concern Mark. 'preciate it !! :smile2:

one would think w/ the conditions being almost perfect for catchin big flattys and the ammount of people we had fishin that more than just 1 person would of caught somethin. no i werent sleepin this time !! i was all over that section of river tryin to get some action (fishin action just to be clear). he go both them in the same hole and within 30 min of eachother. it was just his night i reckin. i even tried throwin in the same hole he was in to try to steal some action from him but that didnt work out for me either.

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Again JJ you make one heck of a guide...:smile2:
    Tell Terry congrats on his PB channel.

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i cant take all the credit on this one. it started out w/ me and C.J. goin. i asked if there was room for Lucky. well Pete was at Lucky's so he decided to go and would drive his truck. Tracy was off work sun so Terry wanted to get out of the house with the family. so yer seein it was a chain reaction. next time im keepin my mouth shut !!:smile2:

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I know how that can go sometimes.
    Oh well yall caught some fish and had a great time.

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    me and Lucky met up w/ C.J. and Caleb out at rocky ford last night. bits were slow all the way to 4 am this morn.

tuttle is still lettin out so its still purdy rough on the main channel. i decided to do somethin stupid and cast in to the rough water just off the main channel. i say do somethin stupid because i think im the snag king, been losin ALOT of tackle. i guess the catfish gods were smilin on me cuz after about 20-30 min i got some small movement on my pole. C.J. just happened to be walkin over to bs and asked if my pole had been doin that the whole time (current) i told him no and decided to try to reel in to see what i had got into this time. well, it didnt feel like my normal snags cuz it was actually movin side to side and bowin the rod too. after a few min of discussion between a couple members of the "catfish council" :smile2: me and C.J. figgered i must have a fish. i got him up to the wooden railing and i think C.J. called for the net. well, i had to inform him i left it in the truck so it was safe. :roll_eyes:. hat must of concerned him a bit cuz he seemed like he didnt wanna reach in and grab it. i think he even asked if it would bite:crazy:. so i told him to take my pole (in a totally non gay way):smile2: and i would grab it. the fish had a mouth full of still alive bluegill and was only hooked in the roof of the mouth and not hooked completely through. luck was on my side :big_smile: by then Caleb and Lucky had made it over and Caleb guessed it at 11 lbs. i ran to the truck to get the camera while they weighed it and got the news when i got back, 11.8 lbs. got these 2 pics with me havin the usual goofy look on my face and let it go.

Attached Files:

13. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    nice cat j.j looks real healthy..:smile2:

14. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Good work JJ. Thats a nice flathead. Who needs a net?:smile2: Your luck is startin to turn around.

15. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    great fish dont worry about the look we never would have noticed he he ha ha
    :wink:

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Great job JJ and crew.And a very nice flathead.

I tell you JJ you should right for a magzine or something.
    Everytime i read one of your post i about fall out of my chair.
    I think you need to contact Larry the cable guy he would pay for some of them there stories.

17. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    the way its going for me im going to have to pay jj or kyle for a guided trip
    last year the same thing happened and then wam i caught my pb on rand r 36lbs of course ive caught bigger but all on set lines
    hoping this year my luck will kick in and catch1 over 50lbs ha ha :cool2:

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nice flathead JJ. :big_smile:

19. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Nice yaller cat, there and a really good story JJ! Keep 'em coming!

20. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    See JJ What you can catch when your not Sleeping:smile2:. Congrats on the Nice Flat There JJ:eek:oooh: