Blue river

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by skawez, Feb 4, 2008.

1. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    I haven't done much fishing on the blue river in fact only once in the last year and that was out by seward... ive heard alot of good things about it but haven't seen or heard where to fish it .. any suggestions on when is good and where to fish? bank or boat?

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Steve,And Welcome to the BOC.Glad to have You Join Us,I have Fished the Blue but it's been a while. I fished it down by the Kansas border and cought some nice Channel cat it was in the spring and I was useing sour shad strips,they work good after ice out in march. Hope this helps. J.D.:smile2:

3. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i was told they catch alot of flathead beatrice and down river i never have fished that one...did you catch anything in seward??? i was told that down around fairbary and steele city they catch alot of big flathead 50+ puonds

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    thanks for the info but out buy seward theres so much trash coming down its hard to keep a line in the water ?!?!?!? ill try farther south

5. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
  6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    nope originally from lincoln but 6yrs in douglas 5 in palmyra now finally in the country between hickman and roca.

7. cfishman

cfishman New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I do 95% of my fishing on the Blue River from Beatrice to Barnstone. There is a fair amout of flatheads and blues. This summer just got into trying to catch flats exclussively. Its fun... There are a few feeder creeks that empty into the Blue that hold some flats too.

8. cfishman

cfishman New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just want to add....Once you get south of Blue Springs, watch for rattlesnakes. Have seen an easy 3' Timber rattler down there, and yes it was a rattle snake, could tel by the rattles on its tail. The University of Nebraska has been studying a few dens down that way. Just FYI, heads up.

9. houghty26

houghty26 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I eat rattle snakes for breakfast:wink:

10. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    fried in peanut oil they are pretty good with eggs.