Blue River gathering Aug 28th & 29th

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by jrgriffhusker, Jul 31, 2009.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    If you think you might attend then send out and aye or nay. Let us know this is the dates for the Blue gathering. Lots of you guys out east live close by each other and can carpool together. You don't need much for an all night of sitting on a sandbar fishing.

2. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    As far I as I know for now, you can count me in! Not sure if I will come Fri. or Sat. night, but I will def. head down for one of those nights. I will prob. just bring my rods and reels, some bait, and some brewskies. A buddy of mine in Oklahoma ended up with my setlines somehow after our Republican River trip on Memorial Day weekend and I don't feel like making more. I will def. tag along with ya on a few runs though, John! Looking forward to it and hope some others can make it too. C'mon guys! Lets go tear up the Blue :big_smile:

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I won't be there until Sat mid afternoon. I need to drop my little girl off and then stop in Hastings and Hickman for bait. I'm planning an all nighter for Sat night and then driving 6 hours back home on Sunday morning. Yeah can't wait to meet you guys.

4. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    you know me...if it's workable I'll be there

5. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i would like to come down but im not going to make it its to clo:big_smile:se to my other trip and i want have the money to both sorry guys maybe i will meet some of you guys at the mo river one

6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Ill plan on it till the boss says i gotta run.. but ill try to get back in time.. just some one REMIND ME THE WEEKEND B4 then i think ill have better luck managing my miles.

7. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    congrats on the job Steve..well are these dates iron clad?? I'm puttting them on the calendar so I hope so...

8. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
  9. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    allright so where do we meet?

10. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    When you come into Beatrice on Hwy 77 from Lincoln you go all the way thru town until you cross the bridge. Turn left and weave your way back around till you come back to the bridge. I'll be right there. I think we're going to put the tent up down on the river if there is a good spot.

11. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well I was talking to Mark on the phone the other day and he said something about a chemical spill or leak into the blue...I found it on nebraska fishing forum...sounds like lots of fish died...anyone got any more info on this ????

12. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I talked to my brother the other day and he didn't mention it. I will his wife and ask her to investigate it for us. Thanks for the heads up that would've been a real pisser if we wasted a trip

13. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I couldn't find anything in the G & P about the spill. Put up a link for me to read about it. I sent an email to my sis-in-law to stop by a bait shop to ask about that and the bite to see how they are doing. I'll keep you posted.

14. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
  15. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    There is an ongoing investigation into the fish kill, but it looks like there will be somebody in some trouble over this one. We have had guys down there doing body counts, it was a significant kill from Hebron downstream for quite aways; mostly rough fish and catfish.

Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
    http://barbsandbacklashes.wordpress.com/

P.S. Please feel free to share this message with others.

16. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    so maybe the best thing to do all things considered would be to fish between crete and beatrice? i can only assume whatever it was for sure isnt goin to travel up stream?

17. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well I know fish will swim up stream...and thats enuff for me not to eat anything out of there for awhile...:eek:oooh: it won't kill everything it comes in contact with...just bad news all around

18. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ya dont have to eat everything ya catch CPR bro remember... its all good.

let me see what my schedules are set up like and get in the swing of things at this new place and once thats done lets set up a time a few of us can run up and fish the canals with ya..k?

19. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I just talked to my brother and he informed me that the Little Blue does not run thru Beatrice. It's the Big Blue that runs thru there. He said there has not been any fish killed in or around Beatrice it's all over in the Little Blue. So with that being said I think we are still good to go. Let me know what you guys think. As far as I know the Little and the Big blue do not join together until they get into Kansas.

20. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i wanna go fishin... this week will be calamus and hopefully ill beable to swing beatrice and neb city...