Blue River cats?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by wildcatter, Feb 26, 2006.

1. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    Has anyone had any luck fishing for cats on the Blue river in the Leavenworth area?

2. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

went fishing around breedens bridge yesterday no luck never seen the river look so good for febuarary though

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I've fished Little Blue Or Big Blue. I can't remember which one. I remember a one lane iron bridge. Is that Breeden Bridge? Always fished for sauger and wiper. Never cats.

4. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

could be it but there are so many bridges over blue its hard tellin

5. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

hey wildcatter cant figure out why i cant send you a message but there is plenty of good cat holesdown that way even have had good luck at the boat ramp well hook up later in year if ya want

6. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I used to fish the Blue when I was younger with my grandfather. We always fished for smallmouth but I did manage to catch a nice sized channel cat on a lure. It is a nice river and I'm sure there are some pretty good cats in there.

7. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    Catdaddy75,

Me and the wife went to the iron bridge and the boat ramp today, didn't have much luck.,but they were catching smallmouths at the boatramp on the Ohio.We can go fishing anytime you like.

8. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Has anyone ever fished Oil Creek? Several of us go there every 4th of July and jug fish. The last time I was there I heard something that I never want to hear again. I've posted that story somewhere else in another thread.