Blue Ridge Lake

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishinhole, Sep 16, 2008.

1. fishinhole

fishinhole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Has anyone caught many catfish at Blue Ridge Lake, its located in Fannin county in North Georgia? I caught 2 nice channel cats the other day, they were 3 and 4 pounds or so. anyone have any secrets they would like to share about fishing Blue Ridge lake, it would be appreciated.

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the BOC fishinhole.

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Welcome to the brotherhood John...
    The only thing I can tell you about blue ridge lake is they catch big gills "not a lot but big ones" , smallmouth, and they have been slaying the wallyeyes up there lately,, I know there are some cats on the lake but dont know anything about them...
    Puddle,,,:big_smile:

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC John. I've never fished Blue Ridge, but if I did I would try the upper end where the Toccoa River comes into the Lake with some fresh cut shad, herring, or bream. Good luck fishin'.

5. fishinhole

fishinhole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    fairly new to catfishing but this site sure does have alot of Great information. Thanks for all the tips!!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC from a future GA member, this site is full of good info and great people!

7. fishinhole

fishinhole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I've learned more about catfishing in a week from this site than you could shake a stick at for sure!! Great to have you coming down to Georgia. Keep me informed when you hit the waters down here!! Talk at you later.