Blue Marsh

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by readingcatfisher, Aug 31, 2009.

1. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Has anyone been up there and caught anything good there lately?

2. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    alot of my coworkers fish that lake. My work had me up in the reading area all the time and all my coworkers were bass fisherman who would swear by blue marsh. But none of them knew jack about catfish so sorry no help here

3. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I have caught a 15 and a 13 pound channel out of that lake and various smaller sized fish never caught a flat but they are there:wink:

4. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Bump,no reports?

5. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Its the dead sea:smile2::smile2:

6. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    If you want i can call some of my work buddies see if they been up there lately but I really doubt they are ever up there for catfish

7. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
  8. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Thanks but if that lady saw some of the cats the guys catch on our site she'd probably give up fishing:smile2:

9. lurker

lurker New Member

State:
    PA
    That's some great reports from blue marsh, maybe that lady hasn't targeted them flat cats yet. I'll bet if she did you'd probably quit fishing! :smile2:
    Then you'd be following their boat around trying to see where to catch them.:crazy: Anyway it's nice to see a couple out there having a such good success.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  10. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I hope she does target flats up there I had a game commish guy tell me he had a hard time when they were doin their study there he said quote its very hard to find the flats in that lake because of the size end quote,I wish em luck at least somebody is catching something besides bait outta there

11. lurker

lurker New Member

State:
    PA
    http://www.ipanfish.com/showthread.php?t=154
    Check this out, I don't believe you saw this before you posted your comment.Doesn't look like a six pounder to me! Just because she is a girl doesn't mean she can't catch fish. :eek:oooh:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  12. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Wow nice fish Dan are you gonna beat this to death now because I made 1 stupid comment?I said my best fish before I discovered flats came from Blue Marsh do you want a Sorry is that what you are looking for well I'm sorry to you and them nice folks pounding the channels up there ok sorry Jeez.Can we get past this whole thing now?There are other women on this site that have caught Blue cats heavier than my children so I hope you and everyone can accept my sincere apologies.

13. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    You are right I got a serious case of foot in mouth like I said I'm sorry to them and to you I spoke before I knew the facts sorry again:embarassed:

14. lurker

lurker New Member

State:
    PA
    It's all good, I just thought i'd point out some of those reports I seen on that website. I too use to put my foot in my mouth till I started researching things. I personallly don't know those people fishing at Blue Marsh. But I live close to that lake and I haven't had the success they have. I am new at this catfishing deal and I try to absorb as much info as I can, hoping to better my chances in getting into some bigger cats. Looks like those people have seen this topic and have posted about it and from what I read it looks like their new to the catfishing deal too. So i'll be watching their reports a little more closely for any info that will help me.

15. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    welcome to the site dan, your right, the marsh can be tough, i've left that place many a nite with the skunk. i did alot of the tuesday nite tourneys and couldn't even find any keepers:eek:oooh:, puttin alot of time in on that lake is key. i have alot better luck in the river:wink:

16. lurker

lurker New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks for the welcome lendog, I sure didn't want to start my first post the way I did. But i'm glad things turned out well. I haven't fished the schuylkill River for flats, didn't know they were in there. Another thing is I don't even know where to start. That's why i'm here, I wanted to see if I could find them on Blue Marsh and from what i'm reading its not an easy task. Any parts of the schulkill river I see look pretty shallow and I wouldn't know where to begin. Guess i'll do alot more researh till I actually try the river.

17. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    The river seems to yield many more cats for me as well,but I have gotten lucky up at Blue Marsh a few times with a 13# and a 15# and some smaller cats in the 7# range mostly on cut shrimp try some cut bluefish for channels they seem to find that stuff pretty easy its very oily and lots of scent Giant grocery stores carry it or Super Duper seafood Adelphia prices are way too high well Good luck on your new catfishing venture try the bluefish it works:wink:

18. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Do you use chunks of bluefish or fillets. They are an oily fish. Thanks for the tip. :wink:

Ray

19. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Chunks you buy a fillet from Giant for like 3 bucks and just cut pieces off and run your hook through and out through the scales

20. lurker

lurker New Member

State:
    PA
    Are they fresh or frozen? Thanks for the tip.