Blue Marsh

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by readingcatfisher, May 16, 2009.

1. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Anyone catch anything interesting at Blue Marsh lately?:confused2:

2. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Guess not:confused2:

3. catfishwheat

catfishwheat New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Was out on Blue Marsh this week thursday night. I usually launch by the state ramp thats free. We fished for about 4 hours in various places. Didn't catch anything. Does anyone know where the hot spots are on this lake? Shallow water better or is down by the damn best? Thinking of getting fish finder. We were using a whole arsonal of baits, chicken livers, shad, cutup sunnies, dough. Not one bite. Caught some small bass before dark on some worms but thats been about it lately. Anyone having any luck recently....

4. catfishwheat

catfishwheat New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Jim have you had any luck lately at the Marsh?

5. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    actually I haven't fished there in a while the last fish I caught was a 13 pound channel but I have better luck at the Schuylkill river

6. catfishwheat

catfishwheat New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    do you normally fish in shallow or deeper water at the marsh? I have had more luck in the no wake shallow areas? ever fished up by the spillway or some of the other deeper areas?

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

WELCOME to the BOC Michael!:big_smile:

8. catfishwheat

catfishwheat New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hi Pat......do you fish the Marsh much?

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i've put some time up at the marsh and it seems like the fish there change like the weather and its never consistent, the problem with that lake is that there isn't any cover for the cattys to hang in so they move around, fishing from shore can be tough to locate them but atleast with a boat you can move around and try and find them, your best bet is the river, hit the skuke:wink:

10. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    :0a27:The skuke is way more consistent and just better all around fishing Blue Marsh is more hit and miss too many people not releasing their catches there,I've seen bank spots covered with carp scales and other scales apparently they catch em clean em and cook em up over an open fire and keep fishin for the next one,sad like Lenny says hit the Skuke better fishing

11. dave1432

dave1432 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    the marsh is a good catfish lake the place is full of channel cats, some monsters too! i've been fishing the lake for a long time. the other evening i fished the lower end and nailed them on chicken livers and cut chubs. im going again thursday evening. oh by the way im fishing from shore!!! :p

12. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Maybe if people stop eating everything they catch out of there it might get better and if they restock some some cats

13. dave1432

dave1432 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    dude we dont keep them....

14. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    good for you guys cpr all the way!!!!

15. dave1432

dave1432 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    well i got out yesterday instead of today and fished the lower end of the marsh. Got a couple cats on liver and cut bait, and threw a rapala plug for some stripers or whatever decides to hit it. got a couple nice channel cats, and a really broad nice sized smallmouth bass. even had a carp take my plug?! if anyone ever wants to fish the skuke or the marsh, hit me up schools almost out im 15 and i love to fish.

16. Good job Dave.:wink: Carp on a plug huh? I belive it, they are always breaking water.

17. dave1432

dave1432 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    heres a pic:

Attached Files:

18. :eek:oooh: Wow.

19. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I second that on a plug?:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::confused2::crazy: weird fish:confused2:

20. minion32

minion32 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    :roll_eyes:Hello All New to the forum just thought id throw my two cents in/ i live bout 5 minutes from the marsh and fish it alot. the bad part is i cant say i have ever had great sucess with the whiskered giants the biggest cat i have ever caught there was about 10lbs. thats why i am here need some tricks of the trade to help me out. i mostly fish the stillen basin or by the state hill boat docks. the most i catch is carp and small strippers. catfish are few and far between and i have used every bait there is from the ole chiken livers to commercial dough and blood baits live baits even the mighty hotdog without much luck. i dont have a boat so i am shore bound for now. so any advice would be greatly apperciated...