blue marsh - stoped at the spillway for a little while today!

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by lendog, Jan 11, 2009.

1. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    stoped at the spillway for a little while today, water was a little fast but nothing like a couple weeks ago when the water was up 4 ft and screaming out, anyway nothing was biting:confused2:

2. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    at least you tried I stayed home and drove in a heated car to another heated house:smile2::smile2::smile2: can't catch a fish that way:smile2::smile2: at least you tried I need to try:sad2:

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Should have gotten out your walleye gear and tried to "snag" the next state record.

4. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    thats how its done up there :smile2:Ken will probably have the state record this year him or Joe out of the Susky or you Tan or Lenny I think the record stays East at least for a little while

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    funny thing is i was walleye fishin, i was usin a jig tipped with a berkley gulp alive minnow, nothin wanted it :confused2:

6. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    what was the guy usin a rat-l-trap that caught the record you have one of those Lenny?Try that or a shad imitation wild eye crappie imitations look good

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    after about an hour of the jig i switched to a rattle trap and after about 5 casts it got snagged and i donated it to the spillway:confused2:, glad i have a few extras:roll_eyes:

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I'd use a rattle-trap.

More hooks.

More snagging percentage.:smile2::wink:

9. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    you can order more hooks off of that janns net craft site to really maximize your hooking abilities:wink:

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    funny thing i asked the game warden(who was checkin licenses) if they heard any reports of flatheads caught and he told me "their all over the place", maybe next time i'll throw the throw net at the spillway :smile2:

11. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Shoot I would be thowing a big Husky Jerk.

12. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    He didn't wanna get a fine for throwing the commish guy in the water:smile2::smile2::smile2: