Blue Marsh Resevoir

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SanteeCooperKat, Feb 5, 2007.

1. SanteeCooperKat

SanteeCooperKat New Member

State:
    PA/SC
    I have seen and read many good things about this place and I plan on fishing there sometime in April or May.
    I was just wondering if shore fishing is effective there at that time. Where should I fish on the lake and what techniques should I use along with what type of bait or lure? I would appriciate techniques on how to fish for any specie of fish in that lake but, I plan on targeting Channel Cats and Flatheads the most. Again, I would be shore fishing because I do not own a boat.

Lastly, are there any trout in Blue Marsh?

All information would be greatly appriciated,

SanteeCooperKat

2. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    where are you from, get a hold of me in the spring and maybe we can get together

3. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Clayton,
    I have fished the resevoir for a couple of years now....i heavily fished it last year because a friend told me that there were some monster crappies the laid in there. Sadly no trout though if thats what you're looking for....the fish commission has stocked striper hybrids though. From my experience fishing there, it is a really good lake. If you would like to know more about the biologist reports heres the link
    http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Fish_Boat/images/fisheries/afm
    2006/6x06_26blue.htm

Hopefully that'll help!
    Good Luck

4. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    make sure you type that whole link in...the link didnt show up all together in blue so dont get confused!

5. mike_4843

mike_4843 Member

State:
    Shippensburg PA
    where is this place at

6. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    the lake is about 7-8 miles north of reading,pa on on and off of route 183, stop at any of the mini marts on 183 and ask and they will get you there