Blue laws >eg: outdated laws that are still on the books

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by buddah, Sep 17, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I just thought it would be interesting (and comical) to see some of the old laws that are technically still "on the books" in your state:
    Like: Absolutly NO whale hunting in Nevada
    PA: When a woman is driving a vehicle the husband must walk beside the vehicle waving a (purple, I think it said) flag warning everybody of the fact.
    Ga: Same as above except a lantern at night!
    :waaaht:

Pennsylvania

Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear to be skittish, the motorist must take his car apart piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bush.
    In Morrisville, women need a permit to wear cosmetics.
    Ministers are forbidden from performing marriages when either the bride or the groom is drunk.

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
  4. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I like these from Oklahoma:

:lol:

Kind of makes you wonder, what these people were thinking?

Ken

5. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Texas has a few of them as well.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
    It is illegal to milk another person's cow.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

You can find alot of others for every state at www.dumblaws.com

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It's against the law to sing off key.
    Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.
    While having sex, you must stay in the missionary position and have the shades pulled.
    If a man and a woman who aren't married go to a hotel/motel and register themselves as married then, according to state law, they are legally married.
    All couples staying overnight in a hotel must have a room with double beds that are at least two feet apart.
    It is illegal to have sex in a churchyard.
    Oral sex is considered a crime against nature.
    A marriage can be declared void if either of the two persons is

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I found one from Arizona that should apply here: • It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    In Odessa, Texas, the city ordinances allowed a property owner to prohibit skating on the public sidewalk in front of his property.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In Sacco(whereever that is,I never heard of the town myself) women are forbidden from wearing hats that might frighten timid persons,children or animals

In St. Louis,it is illegal for an on-duty firefighter to rescue a woman wearing a nightgown.In order to be rescued,She must be fully dressed.

While Children may purchase shotguns in Kansas City,they are not allowed to buy toy cap guns(Now How Dumb Is That One?)

In Merryville,women are prohibited from wearing corsets because"The privledge of admiring the curvaceous unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal,red blooded American male".:lol:

10. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    thats some funny stuff man,,,,,

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

We call that summer teeth, sum are there and sum aren't, lol

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    The state law of Pennsylvania prohibits singing in the bathtub.
    In certain sections of Pennsylvania many years ago, the Farmer's Anti-Automobile society set up some "rules of the road." In effect, they said:
    1. "Automobiles travelling on country roads at night must send up a rocket every mile, then wait ten minutes for the road to clear of livestock."
    2. "If a driver sees a team of horses, he is to pull to one side of the road and cover his machine with a blanket or dust cover that has been painted to blend into the scenery."
    3. "In the event that a horse refuses to pass a car on the road, the owner must take his car apart and conceal the parts in the bushes."
    A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
    No man may purchase alcohol without written consent from his wife.
    It is contrary to Pennsylvania law to discharge a gun, cannon, revolver or other explosive weapon at a wedding.
    It is against the law for a pilot to tickle a female flying student under her chin with a feather duster in order to get her attention. -Columbia, PA** Juggling in front of an airplane is illegal. - Wellsboro, PA**

13. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    It's still against the law to kiss in public parks in DesMoines, Iowa.

Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big_smile:

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I just noticed something...I live right close to Wellsboro and I don't think they even have an airport!