Blue Lake - 29 pound channel cat

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wayne1967, Jun 10, 2008.

1. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Once again this couldn't of happened to me. A girl I work with was down at Blue Lake near Charleston on the free fishing day and caught a 29 lb channel cat. When she told me the first thing I asked was, You sure it wasn't a Blue? She told me there was a conservation agent there that told her what it was and weighed it for her. He told her that the state record was 34lbs. I asked if she got any pictures and she told me her cousin was going to try to take some before..... he.....cut it ...up to eat.:crazy: The agent told her there was another guy that day that caught a 20lb there also. Anybody fish there? I've never been to the place.

2. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have heard from two people that I trust that a 27 lb channel cat was caught out of a old small lake in central missouri about 2 weeks ago. It was caught on beef liver and was not a blue (first question I asked). Did not see the fish so no matter what it's speculation but I don't have reason not to believe. Amazing that someone feels like they need to kill such a prize fish but until someone decides to put a size limit on keeping fish this will be the norm.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like quite the fishing hole. I'm betting it will be getting a lot more action in the future

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Great fish, had to be a blast to catch. I wish channels got as big as blues, decent sized channels put up a great fight, I've always wondered what a 40 or 50 pounder would fight like. Kind of a sad end for a fish that was that close to the state record, but their fish, their decision.

5. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    Is she tellin anyone the spot she got it from?

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    That would have been a blast to catch. What a great fish. To bad it isnt still swimming around.

Tom

7. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What part of the state is this lake? Sounds like a great Channel:big_smile: It would have been a fun fight. I love catching even small channels they fight well

8. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The luck some people have.