blue in pond

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, May 20, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i got a 15 pound blue, and put him in a privet small 10, to four foot pond with plenty of food will it live, im wanting to recath it and put him in a tank as a pet, will it live, i hope so, its the one on my avatar, but, it was as blue as the sky , i mean blue,, i want to keep it as a pet any info on this,

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    10X4' pond? I would think it would be better off in the river.....lol

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    WELL I WANT IT IN AN AQWERUM, BUT I PUT IT IN THE POND TILL I GET MY POOL IN MY SHED REAY FOR IT, , ITS AN AWSOME COLERD FISH, U CANT TELL BY THE PICS OF IT THOGH, BUT ITS BLUE, NOT LIKE THE NORMAL SLATEGREYISH COLER ITS A BRIGHT BLUE, SO I DECIDED TO KEEP IT AS A PET, BUT NEED TO KNOW IF IT WILL THRIVE IN A POND, THATS GOT ALOT OF BAIT

4. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    I agree with bassmassey, put it back where it belongs.

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i think they may get bluer during spawnning period, thought i read that somewhere.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    IM 90 PERCENT CATCH AND RELEAS, BUT AFTER GOING TO CABALAS, I WANTED TO DO SOMETHING SIMALER, IM NOT GOING TO LET IT DIE, BY KEEPING IT, IN THE POND, AND I CANT RETURN IT ITS 100 MILES AWAY, ALSO, PEAOPLE AROUND HERE DONT PRACTICE CATCH AND RELAESE SO IF I PUT IT IN THE LAKE IT WILL BE CAGHT AND ATE, AND THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ON MY CLOCK, ITS NOT A CHANNEL, AND SOMEONE WILL GET IT AND EAT IT THINKING IT IS

7. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Slikster, you been in the shine? :smile2: LM_O

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    you're gonna use a kiddie pool as an aquarium? If you have no intentions of taking it back to the river to release it......i would go ahead and heat up the grease, and break out the cornmeal....

9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I KNOW ITS KINA DUMB BUT, I LIKE FISH, SOME PEOPLE LIKE DOGS, ME I WANT A BIG FLAT AND A BLUE, IN MY HOUSE, , NO, IM NOT DRUNK, IM JUST A LITTLE CRAZY LOL

10. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks for clearing that up. RAOTFLMAO

11. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i guess that would be kinda cool, how big of a aquarium do you plan on getting?

12. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Id say it will live in that little hole of water right now but when the temp starts rising in the 90s you will have boiled catfish:sad2:as far as the color there just like a flathead,bass etc the water clarity changes their color,muddy or deep water will make them more pale while clear water will bring out more color. Billy

13. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    SO CHANCES ARE I WONT BE ABLE TO KEEP IT AS A PET LOL, I FIGURED IF CHANNELS THRIVRD IN THERE ONE 15 POUND BLUE COULD

14. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That fish doesnt have a chance of surviveing, its hard enough keeping fish healthy in a 100 gallon aqurium. Its gonna be a slow miserable death. I will stop there.

15. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    THATS NEW TO ME WE GOT FLATHEADS OUT OF FIVE FOOT PONDS,AND I KNOW PLENTY OF PEOPLE WITH PONDS STOCHED WITH 15 POUND CHANNELS, NOT SAYING YOUR WRONG OR IM RIGHT, JUST THOGHT IT WOULD THRIVE IN THERE MAN

16. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Guy needs to lay off the sauce.:confused2:

17. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Hey slikk, exactly how big is the aquarium you plan on putting it in?

18. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    5 foot pond? Thats not a pond its a mudhole:tounge_out:

19. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Jake, just eat it or let it go. You will torture that fish if you keep it. And I can assure you that people will be less apt to help you out if they know in the back of their heads that you might torture a fish like that. Is that one of the blues that you caught at one of the spots I told you to try at powerton? I hope not.:embarassed:

20. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Catch one of the lil 1/4 fiddler blues and toss him in a 55 gal tank for a year and let him go the next spring after hes fed good and is a pound. Bigger ones will make it in med lakes 1 to 5 acres but they need a deep spot and lotsa food like perch. Gota 10 acre lake with some nice ones in it but they was tossed in as lil ones 10 years ago. And the owner feeds em, hes only got 15 in the lake and some of em are pushen 40lbs.