Blue Hunting

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Dec 13, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    The time has finally arrived, got a new truck, got the little problem i was having with the old Evinrude takin care of, so, that could only mean one thing....TIME TO GO FISHING..On Friday 12/15/06, me and my brother (bosshog) are heading to The Ohio River to fish for some blues..We will be launching out of Tanners Creek...I think..We my head on farther down river..But regardless we will be in Indiana, I will post the report, and pics(if we have any) friday night or saturday morning...Hope we get into a few big ones. Wish us some luck

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Good Luck I hope you hook a few that pull you and your boat back upstream

3. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Good Luck Matt! My brother and I plan to hit the river for blues this Saturday.

4. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Good luck guys.Hope to get out on Friday myself if i can get things done early in the morning. Lots of bait in the creeks if you`s need any.

5. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Can't wait to hear the results! I envy you guys that are on the water right now:sad2: Catch one for me!

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Good luck Matt, I hope you guys are slaying them! you are down in my neck of the woods. Too bad I am stuck at school; i'd like to meet up with ya. We need to get together sometime in the next couple weeks and head out. let us know how you did!

7. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Yeah Max you know Im game, give me a yell and I will be there...
    Well the fishing wasnt that bad i guess, but the wind was though...I couldnt get out of the wind, i tried allday..The wind was blowing against the current, so it was pushing the boat backwards, we couldnt stay anchored...We caught 5 fish...3 blues. 2 channels. big fish was 10 pounds....but i feel like i have been in a 12 round fight. that wind and those waves beat the heck out of us...LOL..It was a rough day..i would say 3 foot waves allday easily..But it is always nice to get out on the water..I would do it again, if that tells ya anything

8. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Matt good to see you on the water.That winds where a bear. I never even put a cat pole out.I went to the backwaters and pulled boards with shad. Caught 3 stripers biggest around 9lbs.Hope to get back out this afternoon if not in the morning.Did you see any of the barges going downriver.They had water going everywhere from the spray.One caption told me it was tough to get around some of the bends of the river.See you on the water.

9. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Yeah I seen a few of the barges, looked like they were throwing water pretty good...It was just a rough day all together...Oh and my brother(bosshogg) dropped his moyer boss rod with a abu garcia record into the river and we couldnt get it back...Bd day all the way around...LOL

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good Luck and congrats on the catches!

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catch, hope to get out a little myself!