Blue Gill Catch Fishing Photos

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by CatFishingFinatic, Aug 21, 2007.

1. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here are a few blue gills we caught one night. This is pretty much average size for this pond we fish in. But these big boys make an ultra light pole feel like they are huge. Well actually for a blue gill they are pretty nice size. Check them out.

Attached Files:

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    They make nice sandwiches, or bait too. NICE!!! :big_smile:

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice looking gills. Did you catch these to eat or to use for bait? As far as eating fish goes,I would just as soon have a nice mess of gills as any king of fish. As far as bait goes I don't have an opinion,as I have never used them for bait.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Bluegills. Good eating I bet.

5. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I told my better half she should of had something for a size reference. One of those gills went 12 3/4 inches and 2# 1 ounce. The others were from 10 inches up and 1.5 pounds. They went into skillet!! We have caught bigger and turned them loose. The day will come when this pond will produce new record. :tounge_out:

6. CatFishingFinatic

State:
    Iowa
    Myself I prefer to use bluegills for bait for catfish or bass. I am not a big bluegill fan, however my dad and my husband love them, so these boys went into the frying pan.

7. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Yep... some nice gills! I might need to go fishin for some before too long, myself!

Dave

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm sorry if I offended you by asking if you were going to use them for bait. I didn't mean to imply that they were not nice gills,in fact I think I said they were in my original post to this thread. I guess I'm a little confused,I thought this thread was started by CatFishingFinatic,but you seem to be the one that is upset with my original post. Can you please explain?

9. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am not offended nor did I take any offense. Nor did my reply indicate any. The finatic is my wife an I told her that if she didnt have some kind of measurement they would look like bait fish!!! I actually got a huge laugh out of your post!!! Women never listen to me!! Especially the finatic and my duaghter. No offense taken!!!

10. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    My kids would be tickled to death to catch bluegills that size. The ones we catch are much smaller. Nice fish.:0a36:

11. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Whew,that makes me feel a lot better. I certainly don't want to offend anyone with my posts. I'm not going to touch that comment about" women never listening".

12. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now you got to stick with me on this!!!:big_smile:

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Don't worry I've got your back. Waaaaaaaaaay Baaaaaaaaack!

14. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Man that's is some BIG gills, my best one was just over a pound, caught on a tiny light rod, talk about a fight. Would love to get into a big bed of that sized gills this next spring.

15. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Oh, I know what you mean about women not listening.lol

16. CatFishingFinatic

State:
    Iowa
    Hmm women not listening. I don't know how many times in my life I have heard people say that. But then the men turn around and come up with what they think is a great idea and it turned out to be one of our idea's. Now who don't listen? Men don't listen to us Women when it comes to fishing, hunting, and cars. Well, at least they don't admit it! :eek:oooh:

17. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sure we do all the time see you dont listen!!!!!:eek:oooh:

18. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Reel nice Bluegills indeed, & they are great eaters! I have some friends at Sun Valley in S. Iowa where we ice fish for them. When we get those big ol' good 'uns, we call 'em "Bullgills".

:smile2:

19. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    u can cacth some big cats with those nice catch:wink:

20. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Will very nice gill's, hope you kept those big heads?? They make real good bait for some big blues.