Blue & flathead catfishing Warrior Lake in Alabama

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wormybass3, Mar 22, 2009.

1. wormybass3

wormybass3 New Member

State:
    pinson, alabama
    anyone catching blues or flatheads on the warrior in alabama?
    where and what depth?:cool2:

2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I have not fished the Warrior this year, yet. I jug fish Bankhead Lake
    in the summertime. I have heard some good reports from the warm
    water discharge at Gorgus steam plant. But that was a month ago.
    Sorry I could not be more help.

3. wormybass3

wormybass3 New Member

State:
    pinson, alabama
    thanks POPPA. i am bank fishing right now. i have been fishing below bankhead.i am going to try below oliver in t-town.i see you are from pinson.that is where i grew up.i moved to tuscaloosa about 5 years ago. been trying to figure out good places to go.i myself like tennessee river.

4. BAMAJUGGER

BAMAJUGGER New Member

State:
    mccalla,alabama
    so you are fishing the holt lake side..ive never bank fished around there but we always did good with jugs there.we fish down at eagle shores,it is about 14 miles down stream but its still holt lake,and there is a spot down there that goes from 75ft to 5ft and back to 30ft on the other side.it is a hot spot for blues.as far as oliver goes,piss on that place.never have done any good there,not to mention there is a stinkin paper mill or something right on the bank and it will gag a maggot.but anyways,holt lake is an all right fishery and so is bankhead

5. wormybass3

wormybass3 New Member

State:
    pinson, alabama
    thanks bamajugger. i was planning on going to eagle cove next.i have heard there are good fish there.i have ran jugs on this river.i have not caught anything big yet, but i have seen alot of pictures of big cats coming out of this river.