Blue, Channel, Flathead Catfish - Best bait?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by dwolf, Apr 8, 2006.

1. dwolf

dwolf New Member

State:
    illinois
    Salmon, Yes salmon is so effective on the lake i fish "wich is a resevoir of the mississippi: your waysting you time putting your pole down! i know it sounds like a fish story but it is true. The skin itself is great bait and you can hardly get it on the hook much less off. caught a 35pnd Blue yesterday 12.45pm 5 foot of the bank next to a large tree in the water, my biggest catfish. i had only been using salmon for three days. Give it a try the older a knarlyer the better. if you would like to see a picture of my fish PM me.

2. Steve W

Steve W New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    O.K. I'm going to Alaska in June. I'm going to test this method out.We used to live there (ARMY). we fished every day during each run ie. pink,red,king,chum and silvers. Work till 4 or 5pm and fish till midnight cause it stayed light until 2or 3am. Kings are the best in my opinion.
    If you guys didn't know the fisherman in Alaska think that Pink Salmon are trash fish. Many of the native guys feed chum and pinks to the sled dogs in the winter.. I'm going to bring some salmon home in June to fish for Blues. By the way I'd much rather eat Blues everyday that to eat Salmon everyday. And yes we used to have Salmon everyday. They get so thick that you can acutally catch 100 lbs of red Salmon everyday. My kids used to catch them on those little kid zebco's. One thing I will say though, I love smoked king salmon salad sandwiches, chips and beer.

3. dwolf

dwolf New Member

State:
    illinois
    You wont be dissopointed. I love to eat salmon, but now i love it as bait more, I have found even when fish aren't bitting they still seem to go after the salmon.

4. mckiss

mckiss New Member

State:
    kansas
    hey guys wonder if you can catch on can salmon ,if not salmon patties for lunch instead of catfish,,, any ideas

5. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    im sure it would if u could keep it on a hook . mabey u could droll a hole on the edge of the can , put an 8/0 hookon it could problry throw it a hunnert yds.lol mabey a piece of panty hose would work :rolleyes: :) have a great day